No announcement yet.

So, where do you ride dirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strap actually slides into a recessed area on the back of the helmet.

It may look like its under the back of it, but it's not.
    I build websites. PM me.

Comment

the Joshua tree used to be pretty cool up at the red river but that was a couple of years ago and it started looking like shit, anybody know if its even still climbable

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
        The strap actually slides into a recessed area on the back of the helmet.

It may look like its under the back of it, but it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          the Joshua tree used to be pretty cool up at the red river but that was a couple of years ago and it started looking like shit, anybody know if its even still climbable
          I watched two guys climb it last time I was there in July. I was headed to Taylor Park in Colorado the next weekend, otherwise I would've given it a whirl. They both made it look rather effortless.

Comment

TMX is a pretty good place to ride it has both an mx track and cross country

Id be willing to go there before it gets to cold if anyone else wants to.
            Last edited by 1SloLT1; 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I went to the Red River trails for the first time this past summer, the place is awesome. As for being locked in, that didn't bother us one bit considering we brought everything we needed, it was a fun 3 day weekend. We're planning on a trip in March, we've got 5 quads and 3 bikes going so far.

Comment

Any good local places for just one day or night? We have been going out to a place near Farmersville and riding into the late night. You need a 4x4 atv though no 2 wheelers or sport quads.

Comment

my dad and I used to go to brushy creek over by northstar dragstrip. track and trails, overnight camping, and you usually only share the place with a couple of people until the afternoon.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    my dad and I used to go to brushy creek over by northstar dragstrip. track and trails, overnight camping, and you usually only share the place with a couple of people until the afternoon.
                    Brushy creek is by redline
                    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

TxTracks.com is the most comprehensive map of motocross tracks and atv trails in Texas. Over 100 riding areas are listed. Included on the map are motocross tracks and trails for dirt bikes, atvs, trucks and dune buggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        I used to ride there a lot several years ago. I went again in July (for the first time in a few years) and I will never go back. Maintenance is obviously zero on their list and the few trails that aren't overrun by thorn-filled vines are ruined by quads. Everywhere you go, you're dealing with huge ruts from the quad-tards. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

And Sneaky is correct- it's by Redline, not Northstar.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                          Brushy creek is by redline
                          my badd. i meant redline. Its probably been six years since i went and rode there. I guess it got worse lol
                          2012 GT500

Comment

And honestly, I do not see how brushy creek could have ever been considered good. It's small, it stinks, and it is hard packed or muddy. Look at www.txtracks.com for all of the main local places to ride. There is a new place called trees out east somewhere also. Also look up Jacobs atv adventures on google, he has rode most of the local places

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                              And honestly, I do not see how brushy creek could have ever been considered good. It's small, it stinks, and it is hard packed or muddy. Look at www.txtracks.com for all of the main local places to ride. There is a new place called trees out east somewhere also. Also look up Jacobs atv adventures on google, he has rode most of the local places
                              Meh, I would never have considered it 'good', but it was closer to my house than anything else and used to be more than acceptable for a quick ride when I didn't have the time to make the trek to RRMT.

Now, if I ride, it's RRMT and only RRMT.

Comment

For dirt...Shady, the pit, Muenster, Lake Murray.

For sand...Lil Sahara, Kermit, and the mother load...Glamis. Going back to Glamis in 2 months for Pres Day. Cannot wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X