I have lost all sympathy for dumbass bikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    ... you have better be ultra-sensitive when it comes to your situational awareness.
    As goes for the motorist who feels it's far more important to pay attention to everything other than driving...

Comment

What irks me is how many of the riders on the road (and even in this thread) seem to want to justify constantly speeding on a bike. I'm fine with bikes/cars/trucks/etc speeding so long as they aren't causing a danger to those around me, since that's when someone eats pavement. If you're going to be nonchalant about driving in a manner that's completely outside the realm of the normal motorist, you have better be ultra-sensitive when it comes to your situational awareness.
      Sitting back and calming down for a day has helped me. That and being over nicotine withdrawals lol. Cruising at 70-80mph is hardly excessive to me...... Unless its in a 30mph zone. I understand your and others point. I agree. If a guy is going 120+ in traffic it's not the smartest thing to do.
      -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        As goes for the motorist who feels it's far more important to pay attention to everything other than driving...
        It's not like the people doing this are just picking on bikers. The consequences for someone on a bike probably are going to be much more severe. However, once a week or so someone swaps lanes. Hell, yesterday a woman with me passing her decided to swap lines in .1 seconds flat, with her head looking down in her lap (cell phone). Never had a clue I was there and managed to swerve into another lane to avoid her. (Black pickup truck, during the morning)
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          It's not like the people doing this are just picking on bikers. The consequences for someone on a bike probably are going to be much more severe. However, once a week or so someone swaps lanes. Hell, yesterday a woman with me passing her decided to swap lines in .1 seconds flat, with her head looking down in her lap (cell phone). Never had a clue I was there and managed to swerve into another lane to avoid her. (Black pickup truck, during the morning)
          Almost got swiped by a dude pulling a trailer with his truck this morning in the 18-wheeler. Had I not been diligent in checking my mirrors and been aware of my surroundings I would finally have an accident on my record!
          -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
            guy i would just get mirrors on your bike . I rode for over 5 yrs on a bike with no mirrors and it just isn't worth it. They are damn handy at stop lights to know you wont be rear ended.
            Damn handy when youre about to slam on the brakes and turn you won't get rearended.
            damn handy when you want to see the lane next to you on the freeway, even just to check.

if you can find some that work well , go for it.
            Also yes you will be ticketed for it as well. plus you won't have to put one on to pass inspection every year.....
            I resisted this too , and there just isn't much point. they are pretty useful
            Bike got laid down and broke off a mirror. Bike looked dumb with just one on and so I took it off till I get around to switching to bar end mirrors. Just haven't gotten to it yet. It was annoying as hell at first, but now have gotten used to it.

But like you said, scary when coming to a yellow light and not knowing whether the person behind you will stop or not. That's when I usually go through the light.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Yeah, because that was my point...
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                When this happens to me while I'm on my bike I usually give people the benefit of the doubt they didn't see me. What was special about this dumbfuck who pulled into my lane is him deciding to try and "teach me a lesson" by flashing lights and tailgating as if I did something wrong.
                Yeah, because that was my point...
                I get what you're saying, however it goes both ways. Bikes brake, accelerate and maneuver far quicker than cars. If you have any riding experience, especially on a sport bike of some sort you know that cars are like lumbering 18-wheelers therefore what you may feel is "completely outside the realm of the normal motorist..." may be normal to the average motorcyclist working their way through traffic. Do you have any riding experience, and if so, on what kind of bike?

Comment

When this happens to me while I'm on my bike I usually give people the benefit of the doubt they didn't see me. What was special about this dumbfuck who pulled into my lane is him deciding to try and "teach me a lesson" by flashing lights and tailgating as if I did something wrong.
                  Most people are unaware of the effects the vehicles around them can have. i.e. Big rigs, they'll sit next to one for hours if allowed. Not realizing that puts a little extra stress on the driver and one sway of even an empty trailer can demolish a decent size 4 wheeled truck. Much-less a loaded trailer.

It's dumb as fuck to tailgate a motorcycle of any type. Unless you truly want to kill the rider, you don't stand a chance in hell of not running them over if they have to stop fast. This is one situation where I certainly approve of a rider taking off at a high rate of speed for their own safety. (not like my approval means squat)
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Still no matter who drives what. There will be crazy drivers. When ever i see any kind of bike i keep my distance. Im sure even in cages we have accidently cut other people. On a sidenote cant be hating on sport bikes, cruiser guys do the same thing and we know they like to stay out in bars for hours and drink.

Comment

Working...
                    X