So, where do you ride dirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where do you ride dirt?

Looking for somewhere me and some friends can ride. Don't want an all out track with people motoing, as a few of us are fairly new to riding dirt. I've heard Marshall Creek and Muenster are both good, but have their pros and cons. What about dfw adventure park? anywhere else?

Thanks homies

I ride Shady Grove MX in Irving during the week alot. They have worked on the track a lot and its pretty dead during the week. The closeness is the best part.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

oh really? where in Irving? I just got a job out there so that'd be a perfect place to hit after work.

oops this is kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        I ride Shady Grove MX in Irving during the week alot. They have worked on the track a lot and its pretty dead during the week. The closeness is the best part.
        Have they cleaned up some of the junk out there? It wasnt really on the track, but I know they were clearing out alot of it the last time I was there, but that was almost two years ago...

Originally posted by Marisa View Post
        oh really? where in Irving? I just got a job out there so that'd be a perfect place to hit after work.

oops this is kyle
        Its right at loop 12/shady grove, exit and go east, its right on the curve before it goes over the bridge that dumps back out near irving blvd.

Comment

Well, it really depends what you're looking for. I personally hate motocross, so I'm only interested in big properties with lots of woods riding.

What kind of riding do you guys prefer???

Comment

[QUOTE=Pooter;20554]Have they cleaned up some of the junk out there? It wasnt really on the track, but I know they were clearing out alot of it the last time I was there, but that was almost two years ago...

Still big trucks out there tearing up the access drive but two guys have been really working on the track. Still some of that old shit laying around also but its fun and close.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Marshall Creek is great for starting out. It's a state park so they keep it fairly safe and even the MX track is very wide with mostly table tops. One way trails that are clearly marked is also a nice touch.

Lake Murray has some challenging trails but also lots of high speed runs. Complete novices can ride there and have a good time. Red River/Muenster/Bulcher is great, even more so if you are a member.

Comment

I need to go ride my Raptor. Havent rode since spring.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  Well, it really depends what you're looking for. I personally hate motocross, so I'm only interested in big properties with lots of woods riding.

What kind of riding do you guys prefer???
                  Same here. I like Red River (Muenster). I wish there was more around here to ride that didn't involve 4 hours of round trip driving. Marshal Creek is good for beginners, but it's not even worth loading up for once you got some seat time. You can ride the whole place in 30 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                    Same here. I like Red River (Muenster). I wish there was more around here to ride that didn't involve 4 hours of round trip driving. Marshal Creek is good for beginners, but it's not even worth loading up for once you got some seat time. You can ride the whole place in 30 min.
                    RRMT is my favorite. I haven't ridden Marshall Creek since January 1, 2000 (I nearly killed myself on the beach - went over the bars at 75+ on a CR500).

We should get some guys together for a RRMT ride this spring...

Comment

RRMT is my favorite. I haven't ridden Marshall Creek since January 1, 2000 (I nearly killed myself on the beach - went over the bars at 75+ on a CR500).

I am down for RRMT. I have a rzr s. My buddy has a raptor 660 and another has a 250 dirt bike.
                      2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Definitely. With my busy ass life it's been hard to get out and ride as much as I would like to.

What are you riding?

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                          Its not that far. Maybe 20min away!
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            Its not that far. Maybe 20min away!
                            Marshal Creek? What's your point??

Comment

He was talking about RRMT.

Good thing about Marshal creek is it is close and open during the week since it's a state park but it is very small.

Comment

Working...
                              X