• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle, you on 4 wheels or 2?

Comment

rocky ridge is decent it use to be awesome when they maintained it

Comment

I'm headed out to Marshall Creek on Friday with a buddy on our dirtbikes. Anybody else wanna go??

Comment

I went to Underground again sun. Place is sick. Im gonna take my GoPro next time and show u fuckers how its done. Im gonna be at Red Rock in Austin on sat. Railing suckas!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Kyle, you on 4 wheels or 2?
            2, my yz.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              Definitely. With my busy ass life it's been hard to get out and ride as much as I would like to.

What are you riding?
              I feel you there - I've only been riding once since we got back from Taylor Park in August.

And, for the guys on 4 wheels, no foul meant, but I can't hang with you guys too long. The vast majority of the places I ride are inaccessible to you guys. I use the wider trails as 'highways' to get from one end of the park to another. I prefer 'single-track' and I like to ride at a quick pace. Riding with 4 wheelers and the like is way too restrictive and slow going for me... sorry.

I'm on a 2010 YZ450F:

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              rocky ridge is decent it use to be awesome when they maintained it
              I haven't been to Rocky Ridge in several years. I used to enjoy the occasional ride there, but I've heard it's really gone downhill, both from lack of maintenance and being overrun by 4 wheelers.
              Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 11-22-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

2010 yz450 is funky aint it? I rode one and the weight bias is crazy how low it is....

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Red River/Muenster/Bulcher is great, even more so if you are a member.
                  Expect some big changes coming soon for this place! Especially for members!

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  We should get some guys together for a RRMT ride this spring...
                  I'm down before then.

I feel you there - I've only been riding once since we got back from Taylor Park in August.

And, for the guys on 4 wheels, no foul meant, but I can't hang with you guys too long. The vast majority of the places I ride are inaccessible to you guys. I use the wider trails as 'highways' to get from one end of the park to another. I prefer 'single-track' and I like to ride at a quick pace. Riding with 4 wheelers and the like is way too restrictive and slow going for me... sorry.
                  As long as I can fit... i'll be right there with you. I like riding fast woods and very technical. But i'm on a quad. I know Sneaky (Billy) is down too, but he doesn't like the off-camber stuff too much.

I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
                    2010 yz450 is funky aint it? I rode one and the weight bias is crazy how low it is....
                    I took my '02 CRF450R and the '10 YZ450F to the track so I could ride them back-to-back. I took a few laps on the YZ and then jumped on the CRF. Holy shit, I didn't make it past the second turn before I was ready to go back to the truck and get the YZ. I used to love the CRF, but now that I've ridden the YZ, the old Honda is a turd. I'd like to ride a new CRF so I can see what 8 years of technology has done for the Honda...

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
                    Expect some big changes coming soon for this place! Especially for members!
                    You have my interest - anything you can divulge?

I'm down before then.
                    A bunch of guys from ktmtalk.com are headed to RRMT tomorrow, but I've got too much going around the house to take off (kitchen remodel and nursery to finish). Hopefully I'll have them both done before the Holidays and I'll actually be able to ride some more...
                    Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I think James (slp007) and I will be riding the Shady Grove place on Friday... unless we find the trails off union bower and loop 12 to be more fun.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what are RRMT's cons, besides travel time? I've yet to find one reason to complain... besides the fact that it takes forever to get there.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what are RRMT's cons, besides travel time? I've yet to find one reason to complain... besides the fact that it takes forever to get there.
                          alot of people say its "rutted up" or its "whooped out"

Personally... give me the ruts... that's just how it is and makes it more challenging.

As far as the woops - I could deal with out them on the main roads, like the road that goes along the side of mountain creek. That would be really nice to smooth. Someone also told me, that they were there to keep people from going fast though.
                          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Me and a few buddies are going to camp at meunster sat. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Comment

alot of people say its "rutted up" or its "whooped out"

Personally... give me the ruts... that's just how it is and makes it more challenging.

As far as the woops - I could deal with out them on the main roads, like the road that goes along the side of mountain creek. That would be really nice to smooth. Someone also told me, that they were there to keep people from going fast though.
                              Amongst 2,700+ acres, I can think of a handful of places that have whoops big enough to think about. If that's enough to deter someone, let 'em go ride at Rocky Ridge and they'll see how good we've got it at RRMT. Or, better yet, go ride one of the 8 million motocross tracks in town... oh wait, those have whoops.

Comment

No complaints about the trails and riding, they are solid. If you want to go ride on a Saturday or Sunday and maybe camp out Saturday night it's great. My complaint is that you are locked in at 6pm. Sure you can get the gate code and leave but it's a hassle, everywhere else you just drive out when you feel like it. The facility is great and the people that run it are wonderful but I just don't like the feeling of being locked in somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X