• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats it like to ride a big bike.... all I have is my crf50
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

I have an 09 YZ450F and an 08 KXF250. Both are fun but I will be getting a new bike after xmas...probably gonna go to Suzuki 2011.

Comment

My only problem with big bikes is getting my leg over them and kick starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          My only problem with big bikes is getting my leg over them and kick starting.
          WR450 solves that problem.

Comment

Suzuki DRZ400 is a great all arounder. They really haven't changed it since it was introduced in 2000 or so and you can find really good deals on them if you look. Electric start, I haven't found ANYTHING it can't do (I dont jump 40ft high in the air like some of these nuts) but I do ride very fast and aggressively on the trails. Prior to my DRZ I was a 2 stroke guy and had several KDX200/220's, a Suzuki RMX250, a YZ250, YZ125. Riding this bike is SOOOO easy...just let the torque do the hard work. I enjoy 2 strokes, but I highly doubt I will own another after owning this bike.

Comment

If you go with a bigger bike, I would go with the Yama or Honda. I had a DRZ400 and it was a great bike but a little on the heavy side and didn't have enough power. I have a Honda CRF450X now and it is lighter, faster, way more power, and handles better....
              01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                Too bad you're so far away - I'd like to try out a newer Honda. I've had a 2002 CRF450R for 5 years and now I'm on a 2010 YZ450F. The YZF is far superior to the old CRF - I'd love to hop on a newer Honda and see how it stacks up to the new YZF.

And yes, fuel inection FTMWF!
                I love my Honda to death, but if I could do it all over again I would have gone with the new 2011 Kawi or Suzuki. The suspension is so much nicer on those and they turn so much better. Really though, Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, or Zuk...you can't go wrong as long as it's fuel injected.

Comment

CR500, don't be a pussy.

Comment

How much is a new 450+ Dirt bike now?
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

like he said...

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                        whats it like to ride a big bike.... all I have is my crf50
                        Josh , I will let you ride my 426 if you want .
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I'd have to get up some will power to do that
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                            How much is a new 450+ Dirt bike now?
                            Anywhere from 7400-9400$ depending on the dealership you buy from. If you don't mind driving to Altus, Oklahoma or Lawton, Oklahoma you can get ridiculous deals on any bike. You don't have to pay state taxes if you buy over there and they will sell bikes about as cheap as they can. We bought my Dad's '09 Suzuki 450 Fuel injected, for 6900$ new and they threw in a free Fly Racing Helmet, Fly Riding gear, socks, and two nice bike stands at cost. The owner's name of both dealerships is George. Give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNCH View Post
                              Anywhere from 7400-9400$ depending on the dealership you buy from. If you don't mind driving to Altus, Oklahoma or Lawton, Oklahoma you can get ridiculous deals on any bike. You don't have to pay state taxes if you buy over there and they will sell bikes about as cheap as they can. We bought my Dad's '09 Suzuki 450 Fuel injected, for 6900$ new and they threw in a free Fly Racing Helmet, Fly Riding gear, socks, and two nice bike stands at cost. The owner's name of both dealerships is George. Give him a call.
                              You're correct, but you'll have to pay sales tax in Texas if you file for a Texas title, correct?

Here's a small bargaining tip - once you get the dealer as low as he'll go on the price, let him know that it's still not good enough. You know he won't go any lower on the bike, so ask for accessories (skid plate, exhaust, programmer, or whatever). My dealer threw in a nice skid plate for me - I would've paid his asking price, but I figured I would see if I could get something extra out of the deal. They're only spending their cost on the extras, but you're saving MSRP on the extras. Make sense?

Comment

thanks for all the info guys. i plan on buying used. any tips there?
                                07 f250-family truckster
                                08 Denali -baby hauler
                                52 f1-rust bucket
                                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                                X