1k update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    I don't see why not. I probably won't own it that long anyway. Probably going to a thousand this summer.
    Stupid fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      Stupid fuck.
      what's your deal dude?
      2012 GT500

Comment

what's your deal dude?
        You are just like every new rider, how about you spend a few years riding that 600 before you jump on a 1000.

Honestly though ..... "practicing wheelies" after only 1000 miles? Quit acting like a squid. Keep both wheels on the ground and learn how to ride ... 1000 miles isn't shit.

Comment

You are just like every new rider, how about you spend a few years riding that 600 before you jump on a 1000.

Honestly though ..... "practicing wheelies" after only 1000 miles? Quit acting like a squid. Keep both wheels on the ground and learn how to ride ... 1000 miles isn't shit.
          I understand. The bike has 13k on it now, and id like to be on something new before 22-25k. The 600 is a lot of fun, but I like to ride longer distances and want something a little less buzzy, better handling on the highway, and that doesn't have to cruise at 9k rpms at 80. I could do a whole bunch of miss to this one: motivation bar ends, tre, PC, exhaust, etc etc. But it just doesn't make sense considering I'll still make 110 hp and still be buzzy on trips. Not to mention that I'm 6'2 220.

I'm not practicing wheelies because I want to do standups down the highway. I just want to be able to lift the front wheel and ride it for a few seconds then set it down consistently.
          2012 GT500

Comment

what's your deal dude?
            His filter is broken. He's giving you good advice. Just in a harsh way. He's the one who helped calm me down. 1000's felt slow to me on the street. He recommended track days. It totally changed my perception on sportbikes and what "fast" was. I realized really quick that in a limited space environment such as a racetrack(cresson,ecr,tws,etc) or in some cases public highways that my skills weren't as great as I thought they were. It takes time to really develop strong riding skills. As a new rider I can almost guarantee your throttle control isn't all that great. Especially when it comes to doing wheelies. All he's saying is that for your sake and the sake of those that care about you calm down. Enjoy the ride and get better at the basic shit before trying to be Valentino Rossi or jorian.
            -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I understand. The bike has 13k on it now, and id like to be on something new before 22-25k. The 600 is a lot of fun, but I like to ride longer distances and want something a little less buzzy, better handling on the highway, and that doesn't have to cruise at 9k rpms at 80. I could do a whole bunch of miss to this one: motivation bar ends, tre, PC, exhaust, etc etc. But it just doesn't make sense considering I'll still make 110 hp and still be buzzy on trips. Not to mention that I'm 6'2 220.

I'm not practicing wheelies because I want to do standups down the highway. I just want to be able to lift the front wheel and ride it for a few seconds then set it down consistently.
              Also, don't move up to a larger bike too quick. It WILL ruin you, you never will be able to ride a 600 and be happy again. Very few people ever go back.

If you must get on a new bike in 10k look into a 750 or another 600. Give yourself a few years before you jump to a 1k.

I am gonna go on record by saying that wheelies are a bad idea to get into this early, you don't have the needed throttle control and you damn sure don't respect the bike as much as you should. Continue down this path you are on and it leads to a wreck, seen it happen to a ton of people. You are no different.

Now if you want to get smart, ride this one and respect it for the next 10k ... Then move to a more relaxed standard style bike. You will enjoy something like the z1000 or anything in that super naked class more than the bike you are on now. They can be just as fun, just as fast, just as good looking ... If not more so. But they are worlds more comfy and less buzzy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                His filter is broken. He's giving you good advice. Just in a harsh way.
                Maybe harsh if you have a vagina.

Comment

Also, don't move up to a larger bike too quick. It WILL ruin you, you never will be able to ride a 600 and be happy again. Very few people ever go back.

If you must get on a new bike in 10k look into a 750 or another 600. Give yourself a few years before you jump to a 1k.
                  I went from a 600, then quickly to a 750, then to a 1000 and Patrick is right... ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                    I went from a 600, then quickly to a 750, then to a 1000 and Patrick is right... ruined.
                    I am sure you might have done it a bit different if you could. I kind of miss the enjoyment I used to get out of a 600 ... Not anymore

Comment

A 1000 miles isn't anything for you to know what you "want" out of a sportbike, or any bike for that matter.

1000 miles isn't enough to put a sweated ass stain on your seat yet and you are talking about upgrading to "bigger" bikes when you couldn't understand what your 600 could do or is even capable of.. lol

I had 2 (or 3?) 600's and about 5000 miles on them between the pair before I went to a 1000 and it is night and day difference. You won't be able to do anything different on that 1000 compared to the 600 other than how fast in a straight line you are going to go and with your age and well, mentality, is probably not the wisest of decisions.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I want people to stay in the hobby, I want them to be a capable rider, I want them to feel the same passion for the machines I feel, I want them to really get a glimpse of what these machines are capable of, that alone will hook them, but GOD DAMN NEWBIE RIDERS PISS ME OFF. It is sort of comical that they all say the exact same things though.

I need an archived response to these threads so I can quit repeating myself as well.

Maybe I'll start a track-day organization based on the dopeman business model. "The first hit is always free!" Call it, Crack Daze Track Addiction. No one can have just one hit, give them their first track day free. Track days open the eyes and gives everyone's ego a check.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Man, I think I'm just gonna get a busa just to piss you whiney mofos off.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                            You won't be able to do anything different on that 1000 compared to the 600 other than how fast in a straight line you are going to go
                            you make that sound like an insignificant factor lol. Im a mustang guy that craves acceleration. fast in a straight line is my bread and butter because ive never known any different. I definitely want to get into the track day/twisty scene.

The only argument that holds any weight in my mind is the argument that moving up so quick will spoil you powerwise.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Man, I think I'm just gonna get a busa just to piss you whiney mofos off.
                              Clearly this kid doesn't and won't get it till he ends up like my brother. With his front end folded up and 6 months of rehab just to get walking again and another 6 to get rid of the limp. Good luck kid sounds like you are going to need it.

And for the record my brother hit a curb at 25mph. Doesn't take much. Give the machine the respect it deserves cause if you don't it won't think twice about putting you in a world of hurt.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

i'll use this analogy cause we have all done both...

ever thrown a nerf football? (thats your 600)

ever thrown a regulation NCAA/NFL football? (thats your 1000)

yeah you look cool walkin around campus with the regulation ball and even short games off toss are fun, but if you ever really wanna let it hang out, then the nerf (600) will be the one to make you say "i got this shit on lock"!

you made the joke about a busa, but honestly if you are the size you are, it may be a better bike for you.. that bike will make you tuck your nuts back in before you have a chance to get the second one out. I've ridden one that was stretched with a pipe and it made my 190mph '01 1000cc feel like a tricycle.

I give you the green light, as long as you let me get in on the life insurance policy!
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X