Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    Those things are crazy heavy.
    it's going to feel like a dirt bike coming off a cruiser. Plus, he's looking at a commuter, and they can be had for half his budget.

it's not the end all "best bike" but while it doesnt do any one thing exceptionally well, it does everything pretty well.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      it's going to feel like a dirt bike coming off a cruiser. Plus, he's looking at a commuter, and they can be had for half his budget.

it's not the end all "best bike" but while it doesnt do any one thing exceptionally well, it does everything pretty well.
      Fair enough.

Comment

I'm waiting for a damn day off, but I found a nomad I really want. I've owned a nomad a few years back and rode the pics out a it. Was my favorite bike hands down out of the 6 I've owned.

Comment

I didn't realize my Dad deleted his dfw ad, here is the link now. Damn good bike for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            Not interested in sport bikes... naked bikes that are upright is as close as I'll get to donor bikes...
            That's exactly what a Z1000 is.

Comment

Ok. Off til next Wednesday. Worked 7 12 hour night shifts. Now I'm off 7. That nomad I found I couldn't get down as far as I would like. Search goes on. I have also been asked to buy a few bikes. As follows:
              1. 03 triumph sprint St 955. 18 miles. Forest green. Will need tires. $2700.
              2. 07 vstar 1100 silverado bagger. 4800 miles. Silver. Didn't specify a price.
              3. 05 Vulcan 1500FI. Lockable leather bags. 32 miles. Silver. Stock pipes... Asking $3500.

The Sprint is intriguing but it seems to have a pretty laid over seating posture. Not a fan of vstar 650 and 1100 or carbs. The vulcan is what I'm talking about but it's a little expensive imo.

Comment

Ok. Off til next Wednesday. Worked 7 12 hour night shifts. Now I'm off 7. That nomad I found I couldn't get down as far as I would like. Search goes on. I have also been asked to buy a few bikes. As follows:
                1. 03 triumph sprint St 955. 18 miles. Forest green. Will need tires. $2700.
                2. 07 vstar 1100 silverado bagger. 4800 miles. Silver. Didn't specify a price.
                3. 05 Vulcan 1500FI. Lockable leather bags. 32 miles. Silver. Stock pipes... Asking $3500.

The Sprint is intriguing but it seems to have a pretty laid over seating posture. Not a fan of vstar 650 and 1100 or carbs. The vulcan is what I'm talking about but it's a little expensive imo.
                My buddy said he would sell his fz1, if you want to come check it out.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What do y'all think about KZ1000 ex-cop bikes. Found a clean one that is priced good. Saddlebags and all. Just curious if there worth a shit.

Comment

just fucking buy something already

Comment

Lol lick a dick! I'm very particular about buying autos and bikes. Yes, I may have had a lot but I didn't impulse buy em! Don't u worry ur little head. I'll find something soon. I'm off till Wednesday.

Comment

Lol lick a dick! I'm very particular about buying autos and bikes. Yes, I may have had a lot but I didn't impulse buy em! Don't u worry ur little head. I'll find something soon. I'm off till Wednesday.
                        You are the definition of impulsive.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          You are the definition of impulsive.
                          I wouldn't call it impulsive. I just get bored waaaaay to quickly. It takes me forever to decide on a car/bike. Then I only keep it for a few months and sell. Eh.

Comment

I wouldn't call it impulsive. I just get bored waaaaay to quickly. It takes me forever to decide on a car/bike. Then I only keep it for a few months and sell. Eh.
                            nobody's perfect.

Comment

Basically looking to spend less then 3500 on some sort of nice bike. Age doesn't matter as long as it's reliable and fun. Not looking for baby bikes. I'm not a new rider...
                              I was thinking things like a zrx1100-1200, concours, big twin Japan cruiser. What would u get?
                              1984 magna v65. cheap, reliable, and fast. 1100cc v4 116hp. 11.2 in the 1/4 and i see them on Craigslist for $2500-3500 and they usually look well kept.
                              Last edited by jnobles06; 06-13-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Ended up getting a 04 nomad for cheap. Runs great. Needs brake pads in the rear and a new rear tire. I'm stoked!

Comment

Working...
                                X