X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 towards Muenster
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Its never really cold if you have the right gear. As I said, there are only about two weeks worth of days all year I dont ride. I like the look on peoples faces when they stare at me when its cold or raining. I have a mirrored shield on all my helmets so they dont know Im laughing at them for giving me the "WTF is he doing" look.

The true up-side to riding the bikes daily, it saves me a TON of cash on fuel and keeps the mileage on my other vehicles way down.
      Originally posted by mutherjuggz
      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

if anyone wants to head out around 11:00, holler.

Comment

I wanted to drink coffee on my way to work today, so I drove the car. then with my luck was in stop and go traffic most the time and couldn't drink it since I was having to change gears so much. plus it was completely empty of gas and so I had to hope to make it to the closest station and waste time doing that.

some days I'm just way to tired to wake up early and deal with getting bundled up for the road, so I just take the car.

riding the rest of the week for sure. I def love it on Sat morns when I have to head to work and there's tons less cars on the highways, esp if I'm in a hurry.
          HD Parts
          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post

The true up-side to riding the bikes daily, it saves me a TON of cash on fuel and keeps the mileage on my other vehicles way down.
            yep. when I first got this bike in '07, my mustang stayed in the garage and only came out when it rained. So there was no point in cleaning it.

it's turning out the same with the srt-4 now as well. plus, the srt-4 uses premium fuel and gets less mileage while I can use 87 octane in the bike.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

<---doesnt ride alot this time of year. I'm too lazy to get up early enough to put on the extra gear and take it off at work. I have a 60 mile ride each way, leaving at 4am every morning. The pony is just way easier this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                plus, the srt-4 uses premium fuel and gets less mileage while I can use 87 octane in the bike.
                Man I really feel you there. The vette uses 93 and I hate filling it up. Luckily the truck uses 87 when I do climb in something with 4 tires. I use mid grade on my bike.

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                <---doesnt ride alot this time of year. I'm too lazy to get up early enough to put on the extra gear and take it off at work. I have a 60 mile ride each way, leaving at 4am every morning. The pony is just way easier this time of year.
                That commute right there would really motivate me to ride more. I am used to the gearing up and taking it off anyway. So it doesnt bother me as much. Everything I use I slip over my daily wear so when I get to work, I just slip it off and hang it in my office. Its pretty much got to the point that I feel safer riding the bike.
                Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

chain broke off the bike just now at about 30mph. shit sucks! No more master links for me.

Comment

Damn! You alright?

How does it react when it breaks? Just flys off and no power?

I have a truck and ramps if you get stranded again. You got my number.

Comment

I'm glad it went at that speed opposed to the multiple times i was at 100+ moments before.

looses power and hopefully spits out the back. It wasnt loose so right now i'm just speculating that it was the c-clip coming off. either way i'm getting it riveted.

I'll look tomorrow. I had to leave it at a whataburger in ftw. No telling what i'm going to find once i take the sprocket cover off.

Comment

Carnage. The small piece belongs to my sprocket cover.

Comment

when I left for work this morn on the bike, it was 34 degrees outside.
                          as soon as I started cruising the neighborhood at 10mph, the coolant temp went down pretty quick lol. Bike got up to reg operating temp while sitting at a light, but then once I jumped on I20 the temp went down to 160 degrees and never got higher than that (remember I have no fairing around the motor).

I was completely comfortable on the bike except for my damn hands. I was wearing my regular gloves with a glove liner I bought to add to it. I'm now realizing what I should've done is buy some damn snowmobile riding gloves for the cold weather. Never really thought of that.

Today was a test to see if I could bear temps this cold, and it wasn't that bad, and the rest of the week will be a little warmer and dry.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Good call on the snowboard gloves. Is a snowmobile's clutch and brake setup the same? Ex. really bulky gloves might not be great.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                              when I left for work this morn on the bike, it was 34 degrees outside.
                              as soon as I started cruising the neighborhood at 10mph, the coolant temp went down pretty quick lol. Bike got up to reg operating temp while sitting at a light, but then once I jumped on I20 the temp went down to 160 degrees and never got higher than that (remember I have no fairing around the motor).

I was completely comfortable on the bike except for my damn hands. I was wearing my regular gloves with a glove liner I bought to add to it. I'm now realizing what I should've done is buy some damn snowmobile riding gloves for the cold weather. Never really thought of that.

Today was a test to see if I could bear temps this cold, and it wasn't that bad, and the rest of the week will be a little warmer and dry.
                              http://www.jakewilson.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&webTypeId=314&navTitle=Motorcycle+Apparel&webCatId=34&brandId=439&prodFamilyId=19743 $16.99, $50 less than Amazon. Get them while they last!

I just ordered a set. I ride year round and my current glove leak air at the seams.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                                Good call on the snowboard gloves. Is a snowmobile's clutch and brake setup the same? Ex. really bulky gloves might not be great.

was also looking at the jackets and pants as well.
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X