Tint Recommendations in the Plano/Frisco Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint Recommendations in the Plano/Frisco Area

Looking to get my new grocery getter tinted. Any shop recommendations and type of tint? I've been thinking about getting ceramic window tinting since the car is black. Also, I read the TX limit on shades is 25 but it looks like the available shades go from 35 to 20 and lower. Is there not a 25 shade option from shops? TIA.

earmark in plano did my truck, and i'm super happy with it.

Comment

Just stay with a name brand tint. Some make different % between 20 and 35 but not many shops carry it. 100% go ceramic.

Comment

Your glass is not clear. When 25% tint is applied, the actual reading would be something like 19% which is not legal. That is why people use 30%, 35%, etc.
        Your windshield can be legally tinted clear now. Worth every penny.

Comment

Not Plano, but I had both my vehicles done by Tritek in Garland after recommendations from the board. I'm looking into having them do my new house as well.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Tritek> everyone

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              Your glass is not clear. When 25% tint is applied, the actual reading would be something like 19% which is not legal. That is why people use 30%, 35%, etc.
              Your windshield can be legally tinted clear now. Worth every penny.
              Got ya. So 35% is the safe choice for tx. Are you referring to ceramic tint for the windshield? I'm looking to reduce the heat inside the car overall without over paying for a product. Do you think a clear windshield tint combined with regular dye tint is a good economical choice?

Comment

I like going 50% ceramic on windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by AArod View Post
                  Tritek> everyone
                  He's done every single one of my cars. Always does a fantastic job. He's not cheap, but if you've ever tried tinting your own windows, then you can have a understanding of why it's expensive to have done.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AArod View Post
                    Tritek> everyone
                    He's done every single one of my cars. Always does a fantastic job. He's not cheap, but if you've ever tried tinting your own windows, then you can have a understanding of why it's expensive to have done.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      Got ya. So 35% is the safe choice for tx. Are you referring to ceramic tint for the windshield? I'm looking to reduce the heat inside the car overall without over paying for a product. Do you think a clear windshield tint combined with regular dye tint is a good economical choice?
                      Doing the entire windshield with clear ceramic is amazing but usually not cheap.

Comment

word. another tritek customer here for life. david's shop has tinted all my stuff since 2003.

did the windshield on the car with the baller film. awesome.

probably the only place i can recommend and know you will not be let down.

Comment

Tritek on every car I have or will ever own.
                          1995 Cobra #404
                          1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                          1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

TriTek for every car I've owned as well. They the best. They know about all the new tints coming out, year 2000 tints. "3M has this new tint coming out, *huffing sounds*, its a bad mudda fucka."

Comment

I've had tritek do 3 of my cars in the past. They are great, but I hate garland. They also tinted my aunt and mother in laws cars at 20% even when I specified I wanted legal on both cars.

Anyways one of my regulars is a tinted at earmark. I would give them a shout. Parker and independence location

Comment

Working...
                              X