Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    I’ve been a class 8 driver for 14 yrs. There is a point where your brain cannot make even the smallest decisions correctly. Mistakes happen and it can’t happen with vehicles that size. I’ve learned just to take the smaller check and stay safe. Not worth it to me. Officers also work crazy long shifts and they make bad decisions too. This is probably one of them. All the protesters need to stay away let jurors decide this and stfu. Not their business it’s that of a court
    I'm not a driver but I've worked multiple 12-14 hour days/5-6 days a week for multiple weeks at a time and would act pretty goofy. Doing stupid stuff like trying to twist open a Starbucks drink and not noticing I had to peel off the plastic first. Getting off on the wrong floor at work and walking to what I thought was my desk. I can only imagine what it would be like on a stressful job...

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      In Cory's case he earned his BA while in prison, on my dime.

The other purpose that prison serves is to keep people who are likely to commit a crime out of society and taking away their opportunity to commit new crimes. To prevent crime you can take away the opportunity to commit them or make sure the person has more productive options to pursue once they are released.

Edit: I am talking about real crimes and not malum prohibitum crimes.
      Your tall tales are starting to become boring, do you have any taller ones to share?

Comment

The only person he ever one-ups is himself, and he does it all the time.

So fucking weird to be that much of a liar.

I still can't imagine it's a real person, and not instead someone using a troll account. It's just too fucking outlandish.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Your tall tales are starting to become boring, do you have any taller ones to share?
          What part of what I said in the post you quoted is a tall tale? The guy I'm talking about is my closest friend so forgive me if I get a little bit defensive when discussing him.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
            All the protesters and BS forensic "experts" such as SVO need to stay away let jurors decide this and stfu. Not their business it’s that of a court
            Edit I.

Comment

Looks like she had just recently moved into the apartment and the news is now reporting that the apartment was unlocked and thats why here key "worked". She lived on the 3rd floor and parked on the 4th floor, walked into what she thought was her apartment and the lights were off and was able to see a shadow that she thought was a burgler, shooting twice hitting him once. Turned the lights on and then realized she was in the wrong apartment.

Doesn't change that she's going to goto prison but thats a shitty situation. I've never walked into the wrong apartment but I've seen it happen multiple times on vactation where someone gets off on the wrong floor and is trying to get into a room. My brother one time was staying in Vegas and someone did that exact thing to his room and their key even worked and they were able to get in while he was in there awake still.

Comment

I was told the same..

Same door, wrong floor
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

A few of the cops I know say they absolutely hate the 12 hour shifts. Couple that with some of them working part time jobs before their 12 hour shifts. I can only imagine how tired you would be at the end of the day.
                  Whole deal sucks.

Comment

A mistake like this goes well beyond blaming a 12 hour shift or being tired. If that was the case shit like this would happen far more often. Cops aren't the only ones subjected to long hours during the working day.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      A few of the cops I know say they absolutely hate the 12 hour shifts. Couple that with some of them working part time jobs before their 12 hour shifts. I can only imagine how tired you would be at the end of the day.
                      Whole deal sucks.
                      News also says she had just ended a 15 hour shift due to a late arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        Looks like she had just recently moved into the apartment and the news is now reporting that the apartment was unlocked and thats why here key "worked". She lived on the 3rd floor and parked on the 4th floor, walked into what she thought was her apartment and the lights were off and was able to see a shadow that she thought was a burgler, shooting twice hitting him once. Turned the lights on and then realized she was in the wrong apartment.

Doesn't change that she's going to goto prison but thats a shitty situation. I've never walked into the wrong apartment but I've seen it happen multiple times on vactation where someone gets off on the wrong floor and is trying to get into a room. My brother one time was staying in Vegas and someone did that exact thing to his room and their key even worked and they were able to get in while he was in there awake still.
                        Other than the two possibly knowing each other, this is how I figured it would go down. And unfortunately it makes sense to me. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          A mistake like this goes well beyond blaming a 12 hour shift or being tired. If that was the case shit like this would happen far more often. Cops aren't the only ones subjected to long hours during the working day.
                          Im not making excuses for her at all.
                          Just saying, at some point people start making mistakes. Thats why 18 wheeler drivers and pilots have strict "hours worked" policies. They can't afford mistakes..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            Im not making excuses for her at all.
                            Just saying, at some point people start making mistakes. Thats why 18 wheeler drivers and pilots have strict "hours worked" policies. They can't afford mistakes..
                            If the results come back negative on her toxicology report and this was simply impaired judgement from to much work, I wonder if DPD will change it's work policy. Doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post

My daughters last two apartment complexes are the same in but in different locations, they look the same on every floor. If you park on a different floor and go inside the hallways are identical. She has a very distinct floor mat, because she told me she has tried going in the wrong door to her own place, more than once. How many times have you guys seen a chick walking around aimlessly in a mall or store parking lot, they get lost really easy.
                              I believe the officer in question made a wrong decision and she must pay just like if it were you and I, but I can see how this could happen...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I believe the officer in question made a wrong decision and she must pay just like if it were you and I, but I can see how this could happen...
                                I take it this shooting didn't happen in Plano.

Comment

Working...
                                X