Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    I take it this shooting didn't happen in Plano.
    I did a double take too when he posted. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      What part of what I said in the post you quoted is a tall tale? The guy I'm talking about is my closest friend so forgive me if I get a little bit defensive when discussing him.
      You know, man. It really doesn't matter, I just think you're full of shit.

Comment

What part of what I said in the post you quoted is a tall tale?
        Every.
        Fucking.
        Part.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          You know, man. It really doesn't matter, I just think you're full of shit.
          Talk about irony......

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Every.
            Fucking.
            Part.
            Then break it down for me.

Are you claiming that Cory did not earn his BA; he did and it is a matter of public record. Feel free to look him up on pacer.gov; he got out a year early because of it and getting a 4 year degree when you have 15 years to spare and nothing to do in that time isn't very hard.

My second claim is about how to prevent crime and my views are a reflection of national and local law enforcement policy's.

My third claim is a simple statement about what is on my mind.

So what part is BS?

Back to the topic at hand. I believe that the officers/murders statement is the best one that she, the DPD, and her lawyers could come up with to whitewash what she did and it is contrary to what witnesses on the scene are saying. The doors there will lock you out in a heart beat and I doubt you could prevent one from locking even if you were trying to.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The doors there will lock you out in a heart beat and I doubt you could prevent one from locking even if you were trying to.
              I thought I read that the door was ajar/not completely shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I thought I read that the door was ajar/not completely shut.
                That is the story they are trying to sell but it is bullshit and everyone in the building knows it. Without putting an object in the way the door will self lock.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That is the story they are trying to sell but it is bullshit and everyone in the building knows it. Without putting an object in the way the door will self lock.
                  Eh... If it's anything like hotel doors, I've had it happen. BUT... I was able to tell and went back and shut the door so that it self locked. Not saying this happened but it's something I've experienced before. Just saying.

Comment

Itll self lock if it shuts all the way. I've seen plenty of times when those doors have issues closing completely and can be pushed open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Eh... If it's anything like hotel doors, I've had it happen. BUT... I was able to tell and went back and shut the door so that it self locked. Not saying this happened but it's something I've experienced before. Just saying.
                      It could happen but given what the neighbors are saying I don't believe that it did. That will have to play out in a court room but she would be a fool to go to a jury trial; a judge trial is her only hope unless the DA throws her a bone and lets her plea to probation.

Edit: My concern is some people getting pissed off enough to hunt police officers for sport. If someone did and they used hit and run tactics that could kill a lot of officers until LE simply gets lucky and catches or kills them. This day is coming but I could not tell you when. Anyone remember that guy who did a hangup 911 call some years back in central TX and then killed 4 officers in a row before the 5th figured out something was up and was able to kill the shooter with the help of a man that lived close by? Imagine that becoming common place because shit like this gals fuck up could led to just that in this political climate.
                      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-11-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• People do have a tendency to kill back. Be best to make an example out of this tired retard. If being tired isn't a good enough reason to bust up in somewhere and start shooting, I don't know what is.

I'd be willing to bet a dude would have at least looked at the door number when someone started yelling to fuck off.
                        WH

Comment

• Jeez some of you guys go full on moron when you post. At least it's somewhat entertaining.

Comment

• I'm going to steal this from a buddy of mines facebook post but I would say it accurate describes my feelings for the most part on what will happen.

Cliff's notes: She'll be acquitted due to culpable mental state.

For everyone that has been asking my opinion on this DPD shooting and I have refused to say anything because I wasn't sure what happened, now that the state has described facts in the arrest warrant affidavit, here it is- in my opinion she stands a better than even chance of full acquittal. Here are the long and detailed reasons for my personal opinion, which bear no legal weight and amount to nothing more than anyone else's opinion.

1 - This was either cold-blooded murder or it was a horrible mistake. At the DA's press conference today she implied that manslaughter was what the Rangers filed, but they may try to get the grand jury to indict on full murder. Unless the da knows something that wasn't reflected in the arrest warrant, I said good luck with getting that conviction with the facts in the arrest warrant.

2. Apparently the officer went to the wrong floor, put her key in the lock, and the door pushed open because it was not fully closed, she walked into a dark apartment saw a shadowy figure, at some point fired, turned on the lights and realized she was in the wrong apartment. Apparently the 911 call and bystander cell phone video shows her to be distraught at what she said was a mistake.

3. In Texas the culpable mental state for manslaughter is reckless. Straight from the book-A person acts recklessly, or is reckless, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he is aware of but consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that its disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.

4. There is room to disagree on this, but I'm not sure getting off on the wrong floor or going to the wrong door is a substantial and unjustifiable risk envisioned in that definition. Usually that risk is for things like drag racing a hundred miles an hour on a city street. Few of us may do that, but probably every one of us has gotten off on the wrong floor or gone to the wrong hotel room and realized our mistake when the key doesn't work. Besides, the definition would require proving that she was aware of the mistake she was making and consciously disregarded it.

5. The state might have an easier time proving criminal negligence, again straight from the book-A person acts with criminal negligence, or is criminally negligent, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he ought to be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that the failure to perceive it constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.

6. Again, because most of us have probably gotten off on the wrong floor before or walked up to the wrong hotel room, I'm not sure her doing something most of us have done constitutes a gross deviation from a ordinary person standard of care. Under the penal code criminal negligence is different than ordinary negligence in a civil suit.

7. If you do think it was cold blooded murder not that it was a mistake on her part- something few people are willing to argue at this point, but if you do you can skip the rest of this post- the fact that it is a horribly tragic mistake is actually a defense. Once again, straight from the law- MISTAKE OF FACT It is a defense to prosecution that the actor through mistake formed a reasonable belief about a matter of fact if his mistaken belief negated the kind of culpability required for commission of the offense.

8. Again my opinions are my own, I'm not offering opinions on what should happen, I'm just saying that based on what I've read I think there is a better than 50% chance she will be acquitted because of the reasons stated above. If you think otherwise I take no offense to that.

9. Because I think there is a better than even chance of a full acquittal, I think area departments need to be refreshing their civil unrest training.

Comment

• I think she will be acquitted using...of all things...castle doctrine.....its ironic I know. She THOUGHT...at least based on the facts we know at the moment....that she was in HER home...she was defending herself in HER home "in her mind". She saw a person...in the dark..inside her home...she did not have a duty to retreat under castle doctrine. Now this could all change drastically if witnesses come forward with evidence proving otherwise. The red doormat will probably become significant evidence for the prosecution to use to establish that she SHOULD have known it wasn't her home...but depends on the jury. This is going to be a HUGE HUGE case before its over with. Her life is over. If she is acquitted I agree that the protests will be big and violent. They may get that way regardless. I would NOT want to be a police officer in Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                It could happen but given what the neighbors are saying I don't believe that it did. That will have to play out in a court room but she would be a fool to go to a jury trial; a judge trial is her only hope unless the DA throws her a bone and lets her plea to probation.

Edit: My concern is some people getting pissed off enough to hunt police officers for sport. If someone did and they used hit and run tactics that could kill a lot of officers until LE simply gets lucky and catches or kills them. This day is coming but I could not tell you when. Anyone remember that guy who did a hangup 911 call some years back in central TX and then killed 4 officers in a row before the 5th figured out something was up and was able to kill the shooter with the help of a man that lived close by? Imagine that becoming common place because shit like this gals fuck up could led to just that in this political climate.
                                I would take what the neighbors are saying with a grain of salt. I read one article where a "neighbor" didn't report that the office was knocking on the door saying "let me in" but she told the family of the victim. WTF?? Why wouldn't you tell the police that but tell the family unless you are trying to change the facts and sway opinion to your narrative?

Unless someone has video of what happened, it's just here say as much as what the officer said occurred. I'm sure there is more out there than what the public is privy to, I'm just hoping it will be made public. And just my opinion, white cop or not, I think she will be made an example of and they will convict her.

And to your second statement, we don't have to go back very far to see what people will do to exact revenge on the police, it happened in downtown Dallas 2 summers ago when an armed vigilante opened fire at a peaceful protest killing several law enforcement officers. The day has already come but it isn't gone yet. Wouldn't surprise me if something happens again. I just now if there are any more marches here the PD will be ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X