Factory Key Code for F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Key Code for F150

Trying to figure out how to get a factory key code (door key pad) for a 2013 F-150. The dealer wants $149 just to bring it into the shop to do it which seems nuts to me.... I've looked everywhere and the PO didn't stash it anywhere and the previous dealer isn't a ford house so they aren't much help.

Anybody have any ideas? Google didn't turn up much.

IIRC if you have the key in the ON position and re-enter your own code (5-digit) it will change it to the new code...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
      Trying to figure out how to get a factory key code (door key pad) for a 2013 F-150. The dealer wants $149 just to bring it into the shop to do it which seems nuts to me.... I've looked everywhere and the PO didn't stash it anywhere and the previous dealer isn't a ford house so they aren't much help.

I think the door code is written or stamped on something behind the glovebox or somewhere under the dash...

I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the exact location

Comment

That was fast. First PM was a winner..

Thank you everyone.

Comment

And fuck you to all the local ford dealers that wanted $149

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
            I think the door code is written or stamped on something behind the glovebox or somewhere under the dash...

I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the exact location
            Yes, I remember that too, on a car it was in the trunk on my SC it was on the trunk (hinge) or in the glove box.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Passenger kick panel under dash...remove panel and you will find it there
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Breaking news Breaking news.. FOX at 5 2013 F-150 stolen! 🤣
                Screw paying 150 to the dealership!

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                  Breaking news Breaking news.. FOX at 5 2013 F-150 stolen! 🤣
                  Screw paying 150 to the dealership!
                  lol 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post

Pull the cover to the PCM in the passenger floor board. The factory PIN is on the PCM on a sticker.

2011-2020 Ford F-150 Factory Keypad Entry Door Code Location - This procedure should work for the latest generation of the Ford F-150

Comment

F150 Key Code

It's not necessary to remove the kick panel. If you have both sets of keys, do this:

1. Insert first key into ignition and turn to the "on" position for about 4-5 seconds(don't start vehicle).

2. Turn off and remove key.

3. Quickly insert second key into ignition and turn to the "on" position for about 4-5 seconds(don't start vehicle).

Key code will appear on the driver information display.

Done!

Comment

Originally posted by zipnz View Post
                        It's not necessary to remove the kick panel. If you have both sets of keys, do this:

1. Insert first key into ignition and turn to the "on" position for about 4-5 seconds(don't start vehicle).

2. Turn off and remove key.

3. Quickly insert second key into ignition and turn to the "on" position for about 4-5 seconds(don't start vehicle).

Key code will appear on the driver information display.

Done!
                        What do you do when your key is just a remote with no actual key?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                          What do you do when your key is just a remote with no actual key?
                          Same process, only put your key fob in the programming slot (shaped like the key fob) that is located in the center console underneath the rubber pad I think, then push the start button to power on (keep your foot off the brake so the vehicle does not start). Wait 4-5 seconds then push again to turn power off. Repeat with second fob.

BTW, I found this how-to procedure on YouTube.
                          Last edited by zipnz; 11-19-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              Pull the cover to the PCM in the passenger floor board. The factory PIN is on the PCM on a sticker.

https://seventrumpet.com/2011-2018-f...code-location/
                              Tis' where I got it after a PM on here. Easy enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X