This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules and Suggestions for this forum inside

Recently this forum has been getting a little out of hand and members have been complaining.
    I was given the privledge to moderate this forum and want to help this section out all that I can.

So here I am, asking for everyone's suggestions for the forum?
    I already have plans such as stickies that will involve training and also proper nutrition.
    How do people feel about advertising in this section?

We have a ton of intelligent people from all areas of fitness in here.
    I want this section to be able to help motivate everyone on here, so please help me out here with suggestions, links, whatever, etc...
    Thank you very much,

I wouldnt allow Stickies for nutrition and training programs because there are so many different idealogies that it will spark debate...and maybe even liability.

I think ground rules and maybe threads on where to find info, supplements, etc would be awesome. That way every person trying to sell something doesn't start a thread...they just post in the sticky.

Comment

I'd tend to agree, on the idealogical aspect of training and nutrition, but not so much on liability.

There is no liability to giving advice for free

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        I'd tend to agree, on the idealogical aspect of training and nutrition, but not so much on liability.

There is no liability to giving advice for free
        This is america...a good lawyer will find liability on anything! I agree it's a ling shot but making it a sticky seems more official thank just random threads.

Comment

Use the stickies for links then, to other sites with tons of stickies about nutrition and training programs.
          Slow moving projects
          1964 C10 350/700r4
          1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
            Use the stickies for links then, to other sites with tons of stickies about nutrition and training programs.
            Good idea, that way it is 'click at your own risk'. (Which should be understood anyway).
            www.crossfit.com

Comment

Motivation thread?

A gym GTG?

Links to proper PH/AAS? Mostly important imo... A long time ago some asshat at a supplement shop sold me some strong ph and know nothing about...

A confession thread? Confess if you cheated, miss a workout for some stupid excuse.

record holder for our site? Bench, squat, DL, miles ran...

supplements review?

Trade/sell supplements between members?

Comment

^^^great ideas^^^

Comment

Recipe of the week would be good as well. Help those who are bulking/cutting.

Things to watch out for so you dont injure yourself. Aka proper form on the main compound lifts and whatever else you want.

For ex. I've really got to watch my range of motion with my shoulder. I've taken a clue from a guy on youtube. Sure i could get another 5% or so out but why risk injury.

Dumbell fly's. Lay on the ground instead of the bench. This way i can keep my shoulder stable. It works for me and my shoulder.

Comment

Excellent ideas so far people!
                    Thank you for your input, the more the better!

Once I get my home computer up and running properly, I will get to work on some of these ideas!
                    I want this forum to be very beneficial to beginners as well as more advanced individuals.
                    Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 02-22-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah right, they want the same amount to advertise supplements as as car parts on a car site. Retarded
                      www.LockoutSupplements.com
                      discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
                        Yeah right, they want the same amount to advertise supplements as as car parts on a car site. Retarded
                        I think that's how advertising works...it's based on traffic not what you offer. You don't expect a billboard to vary pricing based on what you're selling do you?

A supplement review thread wouldn't be advertising per se...but could point people in a certain direction

Comment

No worries, we all still know who the hookup is!

Comment

I agree, when I was doing Tshirt Jerks, we tried to advertise, and it wasn't worth it at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I think that's how advertising works...it's based on traffic not what you offer. You don't expect a billboard to vary pricing based on what you're selling do you?

A supplement review thread wouldn't be advertising per se...but could point people in a certain direction

That's why i pay less to get more traffic on fitness sites.
                              www.LockoutSupplements.com
                              discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Working...
                              X