DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #21
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Just came back from the fair. I just told them before being wanded that I had a LTC and she pointed me over to the office on duty. She checked my license and let me go through. Didn't even bother to check my backpack.

You must carry a mouse gun LOL! No way I'll be able to carry my Glock 21 in a pocket Just curious but what's the purpose of going through the line without showing your LTC?
It's my TCP. I walked up to the security guard who was wanding, showed her my CHL and she said she didnt need it, ran her wand around and sent me on my way. After that, I didnt bother.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #22
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
It's my TCP. I walked up to the security guard who was wanding, showed her my CHL and she said she didnt need it, ran her wand around and sent me on my way. After that, I didnt bother.
LOL! Dayum!
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #23
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Yeah, I was expecting a little discreetness, not a freaking announcement. I think next time I'll just lift up my shirt and show my twin kimbers, akimbo style.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #24
ceyko
Lifer

Am I the only one that finds the fair entirely too expensive? Last year there with the kids I think we were down like 300 bucks by the time we were done. Rides, food and drinks. Don't think I'm going back until I find me some coupons.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #25
BradM
Bad Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
I can't figure out what TCP means.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #26
hxbernal
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
I can't figure out what TCP means.
Taurus TCP
hxbernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #27
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
Yeah, I was expecting a little discreetness, not a freaking announcement. I think next time I'll just lift up my shirt and show my twin kimbers, akimbo style.
I was there opening this year. They didn't make a scene. I walked toward the girl at the metal detector, handed her my chl and said, "I'm going to go off if I go through there" jokingly. She directed me to the police officer 10 ft away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Am I the only one that finds the fair entirely too expensive? Last year there with the kids I think we were down like 300 bucks by the time we were done. Rides, food and drinks. Don't think I'm going back until I find me some coupons.
I agree. The wife wants to take the kiddo this weekend. He is not quite a year and a half. So not much, if anything, I trust him to ride. By the time you park, get tickets, and stuff yourself with 47 different kinds of unhealthy fried deliciousness, your out several hundo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #28
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Its only worth going about once every 5-6 years. Not enough changes to warrant any more than that. But yeah its too expensive.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #29
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Quote:
It's definitely expensive when taking the kids. We were out about the same $$ as you the last time we took the kids and decided to let them have some fun on the Midway. Usually, we give them enough for a couple games and it's not as bad.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #30
bcoop
Lifer

I saw someone mention a steak and lobster baked potato that was delicious. I couldn't find them though. We took the kids yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #31
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I saw someone mention a steak and lobster baked potato that was delicious. I couldn't find them though. We took the kids yesterday.
I didn't see or hear about that, but I did see fried Lobster tail, but it was like 45 coupons or some shit. It was on the backside of the cotton bowl just down from the Main stage.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #32
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Thanks fellas! I will probably be packing also....I heard they have half price food on Thursdays at most of the food stands...so who knows I might just go next Thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #33
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4v View Post
Thanks fellas! I will probably be packing also....I heard they have half price food on Thursdays at most of the food stands...so who knows I might just go next Thursday
Not all vendors are doing this and they are not half price but rather discounted items.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #34
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
but I did see fried Lobster tail, but it was like 45 coupons or some shit.
Yeah, man. It's "chicken fried lobster with champagne gravy" and it's pretty good.

Last time we went to the fair we had more coupons than 4 of us could use in a whole day (like $1000 worth - thread here). We hit the fried lobster stand very last and ended up buying lobster for people just so we wouldn't leave with tickets.
Just the other day my wife mentioned the fair, then paused and said, "... but fuck that. I'm not going back because I don't want to pay and we'll never top that one trip."
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #35
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

Now I have to try it. And I remember that thread, lol.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #36
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4v View Post
https://bigtex.com/thriftythursdays/
Old 10-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #37
Jose
Lifer

Oh and get a chance to drive a Corvette.

https://bigtex.com/chevy/
Old 10-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #38
BMCSean
IG- @sean_s550

Went today for the first time in forever. Was a pretty good time, tried a bunch of different fried stuff. That seafood baked potato was like 65 tickets, fuck that. The line at all of the Fletcher's stands was ridiculously long, we had the kids with us and just kept on walking. My kids are either too small or were not interested in the rides and didn't seem to care about the midway.

We paid $15 to park and then bought $105 in tickets which was hard to use up without doing a bunch of rides. The thrifty Thursday worked out at a few places to try some of the random fried stuff for half price.
BMCSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #39
A_A_G
El Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSean View Post
That seafood baked potato was like 65 tickets, fuck that.
I went yesterday to try this as well. I saw the price and said the exact same thing. Not paying $30 for a fucking baked potato.
A_A_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #40
scootro
Lifer

it was more fun when you was younger and could pick up chicks and also get drunk!
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deep fried poo sammich, nay ate turd on stick, nay fucks bearded lady, naynay can't afford it, naynay took his ebt card, nays mom will take him, svo fucked big tex