Who are your reloaders you buy from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your reloaders you buy from?

New ammo prices are absolutely insane now. $.50/round 223 and 9mm is absolutely galling.

I was able to snag an order from sportsmansguide.com for 1000 rounds of polycoat 223 for about $.26/round only july 1st, but no telling when the order will ever ship.

I am thinking now is not a bad time to think about reloading myself but befor ei do, i wanted to see who are your reloaders you go to for ammo these days. Just ammo, not looking for bullets, casings, primers and powder juuuust yet. Just reman ammo
    Last edited by 32vfromhell; 08-04-2020, 07:16 PM.

I tend to shop around powder, bullets and primers midwayusa, midsouth shooters, and powder valley. Try to buy enough to make the hazmat fee worth it. But all I bought in the last year or two is 8lb h335 and 8lb of titegroup when everybody jump on buying ammo. Don’t buy much local. But there southwest ammo supply in mesquite, academy carry some powder and primer along with bass pro and cabelas.
    Last edited by must86; 08-04-2020, 07:12 PM.
    1986 Mustang Coupe 5.0 S/C
    2006 Mustang GT Stock
    1991 Mustang Gt GT-40p's Explorer Intake

Comment

I've been looking at reload setups. The problem with reloading is going to be the licensing that's required (as well as insurance) if I ever intend to sell.

I'd imagine the relevant items are going to go sky high as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        I've been looking at reload setups. The problem with reloading is going to be the licensing that's required (as well as insurance) if I ever intend to sell.

I'd imagine the relevant items are going to go sky high as well.
        I've been reloading since I was 11 years old; no license or insurance is needed.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          I've been reloading since I was 11 years old; no license or insurance is needed.
          he meant to sell the ammo he reloads, and stay legal and cover his ass.

I also order my powders from Powder Valley, Brownells, Midway, Widner's, etc... I try to buy primers at least 5k at a time usually at a gun show but I think those are all dried up. Midway usually has the bullets I use for rifle, Montana Gold or RMR for my 9mm pills, and Starline for any new brass.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I get a lot of things from natchezss, and brownells, sometimes midway. For powder and primers paying tax locally can be less expensive than the hazmat fee if you can find it in stock.

Comment

When you do decide to start reloading...

I hit up all the familiar sites: Midway USA, Natchez, Brownells, Powder Valley, Midsouth Shooters, Widner's, etc., and Google for any that I might've missed, and throw it all into a spreadsheet with price and shipping and figure out the best place (s) to buy from
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Midsouth just sent out an e mail with a nice sized RCBS rebate. This would be a good opportunity to get a full RCBS reloading setup at a nice discount. I suppose I’ve ordered from them before too.

Comment

Working...
                X