300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    Hell man, I've got all the tools to do it, I've built all mine, and wouldn't mind helping you build yours. Just buy the parts, easy stuff as long as you're ok with waiting to find them in stock.
    Is this all what I need pretty much? and can just use my .223 PMAGS?

Comment

Yes, mags are the same, the only difference is the barrel. That said, the PSA stuff while not expensive, isn't the highest quality. If you're just building one to have and want to save some money it's a decent way to go but the trigger/controls will feel... ummm, thrifty? Easy stuff to upgrade later if you want, but then you spend twice.

Also, that barrel being only 7.5" for example is too short for suppressors like mine, my suppressor says minimum 8" barrel for 300blk. Also, if you plan to run heavy bullets for subsonic, you'll want a 1/7 twist. Those are some of the reasons I got the CMMG 8.2 1/7 twist barrel for about $150ish.

What are your goals? Just something to shoot? You want to get a suppressor for it as well (where 300blk really shines)? The gun you posted the pic of and the link to the PSA stuff is opposite ends of the spectrum.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Yes, mags are the same, the only difference is the barrel. That said, the PSA stuff while not expensive, isn't the highest quality. If you're just building one to have and want to save some money it's a decent way to go but the trigger/controls will feel... ummm, thrifty? Easy stuff to upgrade later if you want, but then you spend twice.

Also, that barrel being only 7.5" for example is too short for suppressors like mine, my suppressor says minimum 8" barrel for 300blk. Also, if you plan to run heavy bullets for subsonic, you'll want a 1/7 twist. Those are some of the reasons I got the CMMG 8.2 1/7 twist barrel for about $150ish.

What are your goals? Just something to shoot? You want to get a suppressor for it as well (where 300blk really shines)? The gun you posted the pic of and the link to the PSA stuff is opposite ends of the spectrum.
        Wow, thanks for all of the good info!

my goals are just a fun gun with a shorter barrel than my AR, the ability to suppress since I can't suppress my AR. Yeah I like the Daniel gun, but it's sold out. Again I know not much at all about the builders or anything, I'm learning. I always heard a lot of people talk about PSA, I figured they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
          You can Form 1 your pistol into an SBR, so you can use it as a pistol with the brace until you get the stamp which is days if e-filed, as opposed to months. No real reason to, unless the ATF changes the rules on pistol braces which is unlikely at this point.
          Yea, my understanding is no real reason to do so and just leave it a pistol. Technically they could say something to you if you're at a range and keep shouldering it, but otherwise not really. I'm not the expert, but that's my understanding.

Comment

SWFA in Midlothian will build it for you if you buy the parts from them. They’re top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              Yea, my understanding is no real reason to do so and just leave it a pistol. Technically they could say something to you if you're at a range and keep shouldering it, but otherwise not really. I'm not the expert, but that's my understanding.
              The ATF already ruled on this. Putting a pistol brace does NOT make it a butt stock or an illegal SBR.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

You could buy the DDM4 PDW as a pistol variant for around $70 cheaper than the SBR build. However, if you're going to keep that same style of buttstock (and those telescoping rails look like only a few buttstocks are going to work), you'll have to get a new buttstock. The Maxim Defense stock that they're using for the SBR will run you another $350 - $500, and then you'd have to pay the $200 tax stamp (which is almost moot bc you'd have to pay that if you buy the SBR variant).

That being said, a lot of people were buying .300 BLK pistols, ideally without any sort of pistol brace. Then they'd pay the $200 stamp, and wait about a month for the Form 1 to clear and throw some Magpul stock on there and call it a day with an SBR. People were tired of waiting 12 - 18 months for a Form 4 to clear. It seems like Form 4's are clearing in about 6-9 months nowadays.

IMO, I think the pistol braces are going to face the same challenges as the bump stocks did. I think it's just a matter of time before they're a thing of the past. Buying an SBR or Form 1'ing a pistol into an SBR will take care of that problem.

This is me shooting my Noveske 8.5" .300 BLK with subsonic ammo. That's right, fat azn on the gun range, lookout!

Comment

Subsonic, it's no more powerful than 45 ACP +P but will shoot much flatter due to bullet shape. Supersonic, it's about as powerful, maybe a hair more, than 223, but with 20-30% less velocity. It was created to have decent subsonic ballistics out of a short barrel while also having supersonic ballistics comparable to 5.56 and being capable of running in an AR15 with standard bolt and magazines. If you're not going to be running it suppressed in a short barrel, it's really not worth it.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    Subsonic, it's no more powerful than 45 ACP +P but will shoot much flatter due to bullet shape. Supersonic, it's about as powerful, maybe a hair more, than 223, but with 20-30% less velocity. It was created to have decent subsonic ballistics out of a short barrel while also having supersonic ballistics comparable to 5.56 and being capable of running in an AR15 with standard bolt and magazines. If you're not going to be running it suppressed in a short barrel, it's really not worth it.
                    Short barrel, supers in .300 are NOT friendly to your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      That's a fact lol
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        That's a fact lol
                        This is part of the reason why I put a 12" hand guard on my 8.2" barrel. I'll only ever shoot it suppressed, subs or supers.

Stevo

Comment

My buddy is a dealer, last week he had a deal on a can that was "free" tax stamp (so $200 off) for a good can. Not sure if he has any left. LMK if you want me to check on it.
                          Yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Yes sir!
                            Yes, he still has at least 1, The company is called Hush Distribution located in Plano. He's got a silencer shop kiosk in the office so super simple for fingerprints, pics, etc... tell him Nick Anselmo sent you.

Kyle Flynn - Hush Distribution
                            970-306-3941

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              So this is what stirred all of this up, this is what I want. The cool thing is the ballistics are good and i had no idea you could sub-sonic it, even better. I'm convinced this will be my next gun. Next question, is this considered a SBR? How do you get one of these federally? stamp for the can?

https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html
                              I bought this exact gun off the DD website a month or so ago. It looks freaking awesome and I love it. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it yet, but my brother has shot his and says it shoots sweet. You won't be disappointed. It's a pistol and I just paid Cabela's $50 or whatever to receive/process it.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                                I bought this exact gun off the DD website a month or so ago. It looks freaking awesome and I love it. Unfortunately, I haven't shot it yet, but my brother has shot his and says it's awesome. You won't be disappointed.
                                Do you know when it will be available again? They are out and no mention of when they'll be back in stock. Figured I would ask someone how or to build me one similar if the parts are around.

Comment

Working...
                                X