Hog hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    According to the article, it's not harmful to humans or other animals that consume the meat.

I have a problem with it because poison is a fucked up method of killing things. Yes, there are way too many of them, and they need to be eradicated, but I don't think poison is a good answer.
    Even if it is harmless to humans, other things eat the hogs, and I don't care how careful you are, if hogs can get to the food so can other critters. It just seems like a bad thing for our ecosystem. Even if it is illegal people will still poison them occasionally, but legalizing and state sanctioning seems like it would greatly increase its use. Of all the things the state bothers to legalize, they pick another poison.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Even if it is harmless to humans, other things eat the hogs, and I don't care how careful you are, if hogs can get to the food so can other critters. It just seems like a bad thing for our ecosystem. Even if it is illegal people will still poison them occasionally, but legalizing and state sanctioning seems like it would greatly increase its use. Of all the things the state bothers to legalize, they pick another poison.
      The article says it's not harmful to other animals, just the hogs. That could be bullshit, though.

Comment

The article says it's not harmful to other animals, just the hogs. That could be bullshit, though.
        Yeah I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to government research, especially when money from special interests groups might be involved like domestic pig farmers and extermination companies.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I mean it says that, but it also says;

The approved poison, Kaput Feral Hog Lure, contains warfarin, the same drug used to kill rats or prescribed by doctors, in smaller doses, to prevent blood clots.

It's a blood thinner. I don't see how that couldn't be harmful to other animals. But I'm no doctor.

Comment

Working...
          X