Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    note to self...save money under the mattress
    Just don't wrap it in foil. Years ago, had some cash wrapped in foil (fire protection) and hidden. We went on to a small town (Cuero Texas) for my wife to do a school rotation so I took the money with us. The first night there we needed to go to the store and get a few things to get us through the first week. Well in the parking lot of the store I opened the money up and grabbed some cash to pay out. We shopped around, made our way to the register and I just handed the bill on the top of what I had pulled out. They took the marker and checked the bill.....showed up as a fake! I was not paying much attention at that time but the cashier asked if we could step forward and someone was going to check on something for her???? The store manager walked up and said, "the police are on the way and we are going to let them inspect the bill you gave the cashier. Our marker is showing the bill is a fake!". I said, "I have no problem with that at all. While we are waiting do you mind checking these other bills that I got from the bank in our hometown?". She checked the other 9 bills and they were all fine. Anyway police showed up and looked at the bill and said the store was not willing to take the one I handed them but we could use one of the other bills. They said to take the one that showed as fake, back to the bank I got it from. We went on our way. We got back to the place we were staying in Cuero and man I was freaked out. While all this was going on....I had ~6k in cash still wrapped in foil in my pockets...

So for the moral of the story. Foil will somehow change the way the counterfeit markers work on real money.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      Yeah I get the Mexican approach of fuck giving banks my money now. Finally getting some detail, it's a legit debt collection for my wife from 2006, I lawyered up. She doesn't even use the account but her name is on it so they took the cash.
      Hold on a second...I want to make sure I have the facts correct. Was the debt incurred/past due back in 2006 or did the creditor get a judgment for the debt against her in 2006? I assume it's the latter because in the vast majority of situations like you've described, you have to have a "valid and subsisting" judgment that's unpaid in order to file an Application for Writ of Garnishment and have a court issue a Writ of Garnishment. See TX CPRC §63.001. A judgment is only good for 10 years in Texas, so if the judgment was entered against her in 2006 and it wasn't "revived" correctly, there's a chance it could be a wrongful garnishment.

Wrongful garnishment. A party can bring a cause of action for wrongful garnishment. See Jamison v. National Loan Investors, L.P., 4 S.W.3d 465, 467 (Tex.App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 1999, pet. denied). A garnishment is wrongful if the facts stated in the affidavit supporting the garnishment are false. Jamison, 4 S.W.3d at 468; see Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code §63.001 et seq. The injured party can recover all actual damages proximately caused by the wrongful garnishment. Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. v. Raposa, 560 S.W.2d 106, 110 (Tex.App.—Fort Worth 1977, writ dism’d); see also Peerless Oil & Gas Co. v. Teas, 138 S.W.2d 637, 638-40 (Tex.App.—San Antonio 1940) (describing cause of action as abuse of the process of garnishment), aff’d, 158 S.W.2d 758 (Tex.1942).
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      The content of the above and foregoing post is for informational purposes only.
      It should not be considered legal advice. You should not act on information received from this post without first seeking advice from legal counsel. Nothing contained herein shall establish an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        That's well over 7 years ago, something shady for sure.
        My first thought too.
        Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
        Hold on a second...I want to make sure I have the facts correct. Was the debt incurred/past due back in 2006 or did the creditor get a judgment for the debt against her in 2006? I assume it's the latter because in the vast majority of situations like you've described, you have to have a "valid and subsisting" judgment that's unpaid in order to file an Application for Writ of Garnishment and have a court issue a Writ of Garnishment. See TX CPRC §63.001. A judgment is only good for 10 years in Texas, so if the judgment was entered against her in 2006 and it wasn't "revived" correctly, there's a chance it could be a wrongful garnishment.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        The content of the above and foregoing post is for informational purposes only.
        It should not be considered legal advice. You should not act on information received from this post without first seeking advice from legal counsel. Nothing contained herein shall establish an attorney/client relationship.

This is the important part.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

your exwifes name still on your checking account?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            your exwifes name still on your checking account?
            Where do you read "ex."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Where do you read "ex."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
              i could've swear he wrote ex

Comment

I thought I saw the same thing earlier fwiw

Comment

have you thought about putting it in your kids name?
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    I thought I saw the same thing earlier fwiw
                    ninja edit

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      ninja edit
                      MODS! Wait...

Comment

Edit..I skipped a couple pages by accident. How do these creeps get access to our bank account numbers?
                        Last edited by Fastback; 03-23-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Statue of limitations on legal action for delinquent debt in the state of Texas is 4 years from date of last payment or last delinquency. As laid out by the Texas Finance code

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X