F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking to get a tune for my 2012 Ecoboost. Does anyone do one locally on a dyno? Or is a mail order tune really my only bet?
    Call travis?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Call travis?
      I was also looking for opinions on experiences from people on the board. I'll check with his website first and give him a call tomorrow.

Comment

• give jj@woodbinemotorsports a call

warning though....if you aren't any good with datalogging or don't want to go to the trouble of driving around doing logs then just use a local tuner....oh, and he will want you to get a wideband too

any tuned forced induction combo should have a wideband anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking to get a tune for my 2012 Ecoboost. Does anyone do one locally on a dyno? Or is a mail order tune really my only bet?

I used these guys and have not had a problem...

JMS Chip makes the BoostMax which doesnt require a tune and is easy to install/uninstall.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            I used these guys and have not had a problem...

JMS Chip makes the BoostMax which doesnt require a tune and is easy to install/uninstall.

http://www.jmschip.com/boostmax-perf...ford-ecoboost/
            Fuck LET with a cactus. He used to run a tight ship but his service went to shit after the shop expanded. After my experiences with him, I'll never recommend him again. Exactly the opposite. And I've read the same from lots of people online with bad customer service experiences.

I've read mixed reviews on the JMS stuff. I've yet to see a reputable tuner shop recommend the product. Maybe because it's competition for their tunes, but every thread I've seen on them come with more "stay away" recommendations than positive reviews.

Comment

• EVERY single tuner will have negative reviews. You can't please everyone. I was just posting my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

EVERY single tuner will have negative reviews. You can't please everyone. I was just posting my experience.
                Agreed. LET isn't a bad tuner, just a douchebag with terrible customer service.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  Agreed. LET isn't a bad tuner, just a douchebag with terrible customer service.
                  I have never met him personally...just dealt with him over the phone.

Comment

I have never met him personally...just dealt with him over the phone.
                    Same here. Countless phone calls trying to resolve my issues with no help on his end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Call travis?
                      Travis is working with Shawn from SSI now. They are by far the fastest tunes to run. I've had one on my truck for almost 95K miles and haven't had a single issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by black50 View Post
                        give jj@woodbinemotorsports a call

warning though....if you aren't any good with datalogging or don't want to go to the trouble of driving around doing logs then just use a local tuner....oh, and he will want you to get a wideband too

any tuned forced induction combo should have a wideband anyways
                        Ecoboost's have a wideband on them stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          Ecoboost's have a wideband on them stock.
                          where?, my 2015 doesnt

Comment

• 3.5L EcoBoost Electronics

Coil-On-Plug (COP) distributorless ignition using individual coilpacks results in stronger/cleaner spark, and no wear components.
                            Iridium Spark Plugs, gapped to 0.034″. Gap down to 0.025 for higher than stock boost levels.

Advanced Bosch Engine Computer (PCM)
                            (3) IAT sensors: Pre and Post intercooler, and Intake plenum (post TB) for precise temperature compensation.
                            (2) MAP sensors: Pre and Post throttle body for precise fuel delivery at exact differential pressures.
                            Fuel pressure sensors on fuel rails
                            Cylinder head temp sensors (more precise than coolant temp)
                            Wideband O2 sensors
                            High accuracy knock sensors

Comment

https://www.full-race.com/articles/i...ost-f-150.html

3.5L EcoBoost Electronics

Coil-On-Plug (COP) distributorless ignition using individual coilpacks results in stronger/cleaner spark, and no wear components.
                              Iridium Spark Plugs, gapped to 0.034″. Gap down to 0.025 for higher than stock boost levels.

(3) IAT sensors: Pre and Post intercooler, and Intake plenum (post TB) for precise temperature compensation.
                              (2) MAP sensors: Pre and Post throttle body for precise fuel delivery at exact differential pressures.
                              Wideband O2 sensors
                              again, they do not have a wideband gauge....just because something has wideband o2 sensors doesn't mean it has a wideband gauge

you may want to study up on that one

Comment

https://www.full-race.com/articles/i...ost-f-150.html

3.5L EcoBoost Electronics

Wideband O2 sensors
                                again, they do not have a wideband gauge....just because something has wideband o2 sensors doesn't mean it has a wideband gauge

you may want to study up on that one....this is a widebandwww.innovatemotorsports.com/products/dlg1.php

Comment

Working...
                                X