Sears publically admits they're circling the drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just closed the two k-marts here ...

our sears store is big and busy most of the time , customer service is not the best

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      You know I haven't heard anything about them in a long time. You think Amazon has saved their ass? They even deliver on Sundays. I asked my lady one day and she said Amazon paid them overtime to run on Sundays.
      I've had several Amazon deliveries from people driving their own private vehicles. Are these maybe postal service contractors? The Sunday deliveries have generally been done from a USPS vehicle though.

Comment

Those are just the new hires, or postal employees from the main post office that got drafted or volunteered to do it. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have 32 years in post office with 4 to go. Yeah I'm an old fucker, lol. With the people they hire now, it's pretty well fucked up now and in the future.
        sigpic

Comment

No shame in that, enjoy retirement when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Online? I only ask because IMO their brick and mortar stores have sucked for years. The few times I have gone into one over the last 5 years I felt like I was walking into a Rent-a-Center or something.
            Yes, I order online and pickup in store about 95% of the time. I will agree with you, their brick and mortar stores still suck. They are poorly laid out and their employees rarely ask if you need assistance. The good thing is with in store pick up, it doesn't really bother me since they do the work for me and find the needle in the haystack.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              That's a matter of perspective. ESL has is name on it, Sears doesn't. I think he's milking the company for all he can before they file for bankruptcy.
              I just read an article yesterday about the actions he has taken to protect his investment. This stuff is all way over my head but some of it, it seems, has been pretty smart. It does seem to be an absolute that he has been banking on it failing for years.

Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                I won't buy anything that B&D makes.
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDumbRedneck View Post
                  Why?
                  Every year I tell the wife I need a new drill. I tell her anything except an orange drill. Do not get me an orange drill or any orange electric tools.

What do I get every year? An orange 12 volt black and decker drill.

Why are the crap you ask? Have you ever had to use a shit drill to do a serious job? Had a battery spend all night charging for five minutes of use time?

Fuck black and decker and their shit orange tools. It's pretty much the "daddy's first tools" line up in orange

And yes, I have four of those orange bastards in my garage at the bottom of my dead to me tool pile
                  Last edited by 4king; 03-24-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

i couldnt remember the last time i saw a Kmart marketing campaign on tv/sports event.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                      Every year I tell the wife I need a new drill. I tell her anything except an orange drill. Do not get me an orange drill or any orange electric tools.

Why are the crap you ask? Have you ever had to use a shit drill to do a serious job? Had a battery spend all night charging for five minutes of use time?

Fuck black and decker and their shit orange tools. It's pretty much the "daddy's first tools" line up in orange

And yes, I have four of those orange bastards in my garage at the bottom of my dead to me tool pile
                      Sounds like you need a new wife... Not a new drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Sounds like you need a new wife... Not a new drill.
                        If she had good judgement she wouldn't have picked me

Comment

I don't think anyone will actually ever care that sears is gone. Can they just die already? Or is this like a 25 year troll?
                          WH

Comment

I went in there last night to buy a band saw. The dude working there had to check their website to make sure it was in stock. That seemed really fucking bizarre to me for some reason.

Also, that Seritage company that owns a bunch of their distribution centers has been shopping a package of eight buildings for sale for a while and they'll plainly tell you that the deal is a short term sale lease back. They know what is about to happen.
                            Last edited by Broncojohnny; 03-25-2017, 06:54 AM.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDumbRedneck View Post
                              Why?
                              Originally posted by 4king View Post

Every bit of this right here. I use to feel the same way about Ryobi but I haven't tried their new line (the lime greem tools) so I can't say that anymore.

Comment

I have been in the sears at the Parks mall in arlington 3 times in the last month or so picking up sockets for some oddball hardware I came across and its depressing from the moment you walk in the door. It even smells old in there, shit is disheveled, no order to anything, poor lighting with lights out or flickering, sales staff lookin like zombies like they just ate a few xanax bars each, bare shelves here at there, tool selection is thin and tons of out of stock items. I was just baffled how they were even still operating at all. I literally couldn't wait to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X