Acquiring heavy ordnance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Just like most companies will not sell you body armor unless you can articulate a legitmate reason to posses. When I bought mine I had to send a copy of my DOD ID and a letter of intent. I assume it is a liability thing. They don't want to be connected to the nutjob that uses one with criminal intent.
    Figures. Body armor seems cool I guess, but my neckbeard is not at all strong enough to be in the market for that kind of stuff, and unlike you I don't work in a place where people shoot at me.

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
    Damn! 200 bucks per grenade! Would definitely make you be sparing with them lol.
    That is not even the cost of the grenade itself, that is just the NFA Tax stamp.

Originally posted by David View Post
    I've always heard liability reasons. How do you prove it's stored, transported, and better yet to deactivate it when it doesn't go off.

Not to mention, most of these rounds are built for DOD on DOD contracts, I'm sure there's a clause or treaty somewhere preventing civilian sale.

The only HEs I've ever got to bust were on US military bases and their ammo.
    True, average Joe can't even keep hot coffee off of their lap, last thing I would do is sell them a bomb. You would be out of business in a week. I bet you are right on the contract clause as well.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
    X