Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    1) did you do a pre-shot tear down, clean, and oil

2) were you shooting target loads or heavier loads? The first 100-200 rounds should be heavy loads for proper break in. This goes for all ID systems to my knowledge.

Glad to hear you came in under budget!!!

You should thoroughly clean any gun before shooting it. From what I remember some manufacturers recommend more than 200 rds of heavy loads for proper break in on inertia operating guns.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I wasn't aware it had to be disassembled and cleaned when just purchased(new). When i was putting the barrel/forend on, that part was plenty lubed up.

I'll have to double check but the rounds I was shooting was Winchester steel shot, #7...it's what I already had available.

Comment

If it was steel shot it Is likely a heavy load. Did you make sure your chokes were steel shot safe, it can damage them if not.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yeah always disassemble and clean.

The 3500 is rated for a minimum 3 dram eq, 1 1/8 ounce load btw. Not sure what you had out there.

I can't wait to go shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            If it was steel shot it Is likely a heavy load. Did you make sure your chokes were steel shot safe, it can damage them if not.
            Ah crap, I'll have to check.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Yeah always disassemble and clean.

The 3500 is rated for a minimum 3 dram eq, 1 1/8 ounce load btw. Not sure what you had out there.

I can't wait to go shoot!
            I'm down for a skeet gtg.
            Last edited by GeorgeG.; 02-25-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Looks like I'm good with the steel shot but the shells I have now are 1oz. I'll save those for the pump and pick up some new shells. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X