Current Gaming Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post
    is the newest xbox's fan quieter than the first gens? i hated mine because it was so loud
    Way quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I like how you discredit forza using no evidence and simultaneously discredit gt5 (its competitor) and seemingly add nothing to the discussion. And as for forza, I get the feeling you're playing with all the driving assists on since I haven't heard anyone make that complaint (except ps3 players that have never played it).
      I've played plenty of both, with wheels and with controllers, and without any assists. Forza's issue is that it allows for a hilarious amount of control once you go past the limit and has a tendency to be very, very arcadey. GT5's issue is that everything is so binary and has very little feel. I think it does a much better job with the physics, but it has no soul.

Forza is a great game, but it's not a racing sim. It's not even close. GT5 is closer, but it's a moderately less enjoyable game.

There are really only 3 racing sims out there. Simraceway (I haven't played), rFactor, and iRacing.

iRacing has the best racing and tracks, and the physics are damned good, but the cars can be very, very twitchy; maybe that's just reality, though. The cars in rFactor aren't quite as edgey, but I haven't played enough of it to give much feedback.

Happy now, chief?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        I've played plenty of both, with wheels and with controllers, and without any assists. Forza's issue is that it allows for a hilarious amount of control once you go past the limit and has a tendency to be very, very arcadey. GT5's issue is that everything is so binary and has very little feel. I think it does a much better job with the physics, but it has no soul.

Forza is a great game, but it's not a racing sim. It's not even close. GT5 is closer, but it's a moderately less enjoyable game.

There are really only 3 racing sims out there. Simraceway (I haven't played), rFactor, and iRacing.

iRacing has the best racing and tracks, and the physics are damned good, but the cars can be very, very twitchy; maybe that's just reality, though. The cars in rFactor aren't quite as edgey, but I haven't played enough of it to give much feedback.

Happy now, chief?
        There you go, that's how it feels to post content, good job. As far as I'm concerned the best most realistic racing sim I've personally ever played is Live For Speed which was several years ago, I hear iRacing and rFactor are both excellent as well, but I haven't been actively playing in the last few years. In LFS I had a few top track times which took me a lot longer to get than I would care to admit. Anyways, being accustomed to sims with pretty good engines I do not find anything particular bad about Forza. The only physics irregularity I would concede is drafting is considerably less effective than it should be, and high speed traction loss is more forgiving than it would be in a sim. However a true 100% accurate sim wouldn't sell in the volume needed to secure a distributor for a console. So don't count on that happening.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hey Eric, I think we have Rock Band for xBox, and instruments, but the boys sold their xBoxes.. Check with Leah. They belong to the kids, so I'm sure they will want a little cash, but I think they used them like 3-4 times after getting them new last Christmas.

Comment

Yeah I still enjoy playing rockband when people come over, it's fun. If you like Eric I'll bring a set over if you want some evening and you can give it a whirl.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              The system I'm getting comes with Skyrim and Forza.
              skyrim will take over your fucking life if you let it.
              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
              Semper Fi

Comment

when i go to someones house and I see guitar hero I get all giddy and shit. Im like "fire that shit up and lets jam man!"
                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                  skyrim will take over your fucking life if you let it.
                  Ask Mr. Fiux about that, haha.

Comment

Battlefield3 also has close quarters matches. It's the absolute shit. Just be prepared to drop additional coin on all the DLC's.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Yeah I still enjoy playing rockband when people come over, it's fun. If you like Eric I'll bring a set over if you want some evening and you can give it a whirl.
                      He's played at our house in the past and seemed to like it. But he sang the weird songs that nobody else ever did. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        He's played at our house in the past and seemed to like it. But he sang the weird songs that nobody else ever did. Lol
                        Lols

Comment

I always wondered why his first two picks were "It's Raining Men" and "Playing with the Boys".
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Stone Temple Pilots and Social Distortion are weird?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Stone Temple Pilots and Social Distortion are weird?
                              They're weird songs to sing.. IDK why, just is. Sorry weirdo.

Comment

They're weird songs to sing.. IDK why, just is. Sorry weirdo.

What would you suggest, Simon Cowell, a little Ke$ha?

Comment

Working...
                                X