Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would the place be to look at fair priced....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    i should be done with my time machine in a few days. i'll let you know bro!

god bless.
    lol good to go!
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      If you're not picky about brand and can monitor a few sites...that's not a problem.
      Got a good list of sites? I plan to pick up parts as they come available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

WTF Mr. Wannabe gunsmith, build your own. I would never buy a complete AR.
        Ded

Comment

Levi... I think your best bet is Academy. Just call a store and ask them. There are certain stores which have larger gun departments and get them in more often. The guy at the Academy in Grapevine says they still sell them but do not display them on the shelf anymore. I would just start calling around. Sometimes they have them in the safe and customers dont know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Got a good list of sites? I plan to pick up parts as they come available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            DS arms
            Midwest px
            Palmetto state
            Stag
            I'll look at the rest when I get home. What all do you need?

Comment

Insert "I'll sell you a WASR 10!!"...

Comment

DS arms
                Midwest px
                Palmetto state
                Stag
                I haven't purchased anything yet. I have 2 lowers through the group buy and hope to land a poly lower next time they come available. One of them will be built as a pistol, and the rest I am not sure how they will be built out.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                  WTF Mr. Wannabe gunsmith, build your own. I would never buy a complete AR.
                  I would love to, but I would rather start off with a base model little rig and build off of that. Something similar to the Diamond db15

or maybe like this magpul
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    Levi... I think your best bet is Academy. Just call a store and ask them. There are certain stores which have larger gun departments and get them in more often. The guy at the Academy in Grapevine says they still sell them but do not display them on the shelf anymore. I would just start calling around. Sometimes they have them in the safe and customers dont know about them.
                    Thanks Tim, I will do that!
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      I haven't purchased anything yet. I have 2 lowers through the group buy and hope to land a poly lower next time they come available. One of them will be built as a pistol, and the rest I am not sure how they will be built out.
                      Midwest px gets quite a few poly lowers in stock at various times, I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and it took less than a week to come in.

Comment

DS arms
                        Midwest px
                        Palmetto state
                        Stag
                        I order from basically everywhere, and I am not at all picky with parts, yet I have not been able to get a single BCG in 2 months. I have 12 on back order of all different brands and companies and none have been charged to my card, thus not shipped. Everytime bravo gets them in stock for $225 they sell out in about 120 seconds. Midway got some in stock the other day, and in the time it took me to click add to cart they were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                          I would love to, but I would rather start off with a base model little rig and build off of that. Something similar to the Diamond db15

or maybe like this magpul
                          You'll pay a serious premium, even in these times I can build a rifle for under $600.
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                            You'll pay a serious premium, even in these times I can build a rifle for under $600.
                            well throw me a list together! lol
                            Semper Fi

Comment

Have you never built an AR?
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

If I were building a rifle right now, I would start with a poly lower, as they can still be had under $100 and come available much sooner than the machined aluminum ones. The biggest issue are BCG's as the majority of them are being dedicated to "pre-assembled" rifles.

Lower Receiver
                                Lower Parts kit
                                Upper assembly (http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-A3-Upp.../ZM4CBUM4PARK/)
                                BCG
                                Stock

and you are set with a basic rifle, again, in these times, it can be done for $600 or so. I put mine together for $500 before the frenzy. The upper I listed does not have a chrome lined barrel, an upper with a chrome lined barrel from DSArms runs $320.

The places you are going to run into trouble are BCG and Lower parts kit.

No matter what you do (pre-built rifle and change the furniture, or build one from parts), keep an eye out for the pieces you want, buy them when they come available. I watch www.aimsurplus.com and midway.com quite a bit. AIM offers free shipping on all of their magpul furniture IIRC.

Also, if you are seriously looking to put one together, sign up for the updates on parts from different places to be notified when they come available

Comment

Working...
                                X