My faith in humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My faith in humanity

has come up a couple notches. As some of you know, Myself and three others were forced to abandon our kayaks and equipment during a five day trip after the river we were on flooded to record levels:

Hey guys, as some of you know I do a lot of kayaking/ fishing trips. Myself my dad and two other guys had been planning a 5 day 4 night trip on the Pecos River in southwest Texas for months. Unfortunately our trip ended last week with the river flash flooding on us due to record setting rainfall and we were forced to abandon

I lost a little over 6K worth of camera equipment, most of which was in a Pelican case. I never thought I would see it again, I figured even if someone found it, that the chances of them seeking me out were slim to none. Well I was proven wrong. This last Saturday some bass fishermen were fishing a tournament on Lake Amistad (which is the lake that is fed by the river we were on) and found my Pelican case floating in the reeds. They managed to track down a member of the crew and I got my cameras back late last night.

I am completely humbled and blown away by this. It took some effort not to turn into a blubbering idiot while on the phone with the guy who found it, they could have kept it and I would never have found out.

As a testament to Pelican, they found my case around 50 miles from where our campsite was. The case has had the crap beaten out of it and looks pretty rough, but no water leaked in and my cameras and photos are all there and working properly. They even found it upside down, which means the seal/opening was underwater for who knows how long (its been 50 days since the flood). Just wanted to share.

The guy on the right and second from left are the ones who found and recovered my equipment.

That's awesome man! Great pic, too.

Comment

fucking awesome dude!

Comment

WOW... that rocks, dude!
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

wow man. thats awesome!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Comment

Awesome!
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Wow, that's baddass!
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I hope you bought them a nice steak dinner!

Comment

Good news, and a great testament to Pelican. Very cool to hear that stuff was returned; we don't get to hear good news stories like this often enough.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Congrats!! Hopefully they have children; we need more people like this in society!

Comment

Awesome. I would email/write to Pelican with that testimony too. Badass.

Comment

I'm really happy for you man. Must make you feel good! Sounds like some good ad material for pelican!
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would definitely tell the camera company about how well their equipment held up. Maybe they'll throw you some new equipment in exchange for being in some of their testimonial marketing material.

Comment

A picture perfect ending!

Comment

Working...
                              X