No announcement yet.

My faith in humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siiick! I work for a safety company and we rep Pelican. Badass cases and lights. I would recommend sharing your story with them. Surely they'll send you a new case in exchange for your story which is positive people press and positive product press.

CSRCOMM@Pelican.com

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      fucking white people.
      Well, there's a contrast between white and dark skinned people . You see what I did there? :-)

That is really great that there are still a few honest people left. Let alone people that will go above and beyond to return it. Those guys deserve some kind of humanitarian award.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

That is awesome, see there still honest people in this world.

Comment

That's awesome, how were they able to track you down?

Comment

I'll be posting pics soon! Gotta go through and edit them. Also gotta sift through 32gb of gopro footage.

@threefortytwo I will definitely be contacting Pelican! A couple of free cases wouldnt hurt lol. I got my cameras back but am still in the hole from the trip, and there are still 3-4 more pelican cases floating around out there with stuff in them.

@Lineemup, yeah these were real stand up guys. Even talking to one of them on the phone, just super humble and friendly guy.

@Jakesford thats actually a crazy story. If you look at the background of this photo:

Untitled by Photography by Daniel Rodriguez, on Flickr

You see a Pandale sign, well I have just about the exact same photo on my camera and they called the number on it. The outfitter that the number belongs to told them he did not know whos cameras they were, but that some guys (us) had been involved in a flash flood a couple months back and lost everything. The guys who found the case then googled "Pecos, Kayak, Flood" and came up with a news article from san angelo (they interviewed one of the guys in the group) and Facebooked him based on the name in the article. Once they got in hold of him and told him about the case he relayed the info to me. He is the one who actually drove down there to Del Rio to get the case (he is the one holding the case in the photo on the initial post) and then I drove to San Angelo last night to get it. I have not met the fishermen in person yet but may meet with them this coming Sunday as, coincidentally, my father and I have been planning to go back down to the Pecos for kayak/equipment search and rescue.

Comment

Great story that deserves attention. I hope they are rewarded well.

Comment

Karma, those guys just got on the good side of it!

Congrats man!

David

Comment

Hmmmm, white redneck bass fishermen. I am not surprised at all.

Comment

It's always nice to hear a story like this. Sometimes the best reward is knowing that a person was truly thankful in being helped. It gives me great joy to help a person in need and generally the only thing I ask in return is to continue the trend and help someone else down the road.

Comment

Good to hear this worked out for you. It's just icing on the cake after making it out of there alive.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That's great!

Comment

Pretty fuckin' cool. I always hoped this would have some sort of happy ending.

Comment

So did you ever end up contacting Pelican? If so, did anything come from it?

Comment

Good story. I'd like to hear more about the flood too. My recent bike trip did me in due to some unexpected weather too. I abandoned but kept all my gear. I was able to hold up in a hotel and get warm after 3 days on the bike. I was going to ride 5 but couldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X