No announcement yet.

F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I keep my foot out of it I will get about 18 around town and 21 on the highway.

Comment

3 most common failures are piston skirt failures, stuck injector and moisture in the CAC.

Comment

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has officially closed their investigation into the Ford F150 pickups powered by the popular EcoBoost V6 after deciding that there is no need to recall those 360,000 trucks due to a power loss issue - with no further action required by the automaker and that means no recall of their most popular pickup.

Has this been an issue for any of you?! The comments are interesting to say the least... Maybe I'll stick to the 5.0's instead.

Comment

You posted a link stating there were no problems, then said you'd be staying away?
          I'm confused.
          sigpic

Comment

I know... Ironic isn't it.

So the feds and ford claim all is good, but damn near every comment is a slam on ford for their cac issue...

Just sayin.

Comment

My 13 has never had the issue 30k currently on it

Comment

Because those affected will always be more vocal than those who aren't. That's how ALL things are.

525 "complaints" out of how many 3.5L ecooboost vehicles sold?
                sigpic

Comment

Not a single issue with my truck, and I just rolled 42K miles. CAC was much worse with the 11' & 12' year models. It's an improved design after 13'.

I finally broke down and bought an SCT X4 for mine, it's actually being shipped right now. I'll be getting some custom tunes from 5Star or MPT in the near future. I've read that the SCT standard tunes aren't too bad either, but they just don't generate nearly the power that the custom tunes will.

I told myself I was going to wait at least 2 years before I spent any money on this truck. The 2 year mark passed a couple months ago, and I'm close to needing some new tires...of course I'm going a little bigger, so also need a way to recal tire size for the speedo, which gives me more justification for a tuner. Also went ahead and ordered a level kit while I was at it.

I think the next thing will be a new y-pipe, and I've been shopping some of those aftermarket CAC options too.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

^ What he said. There were injector and CAC issues and those seem to have been corrected.

Have lots of friends who have had no issues with their trucks. 2013 +

Comment

No issues on my '13 Fx4 either. 36xxx miles.

I'm going to watch this thread. I was holding off on mods until my warranty expired.
                      DamonH

Comment

Well cool... That link had me worried. I'll be looking at buying one in a few months...

Comment

Hit me up when you're ready.

Comment

If I could find an ecoboost '15 around 32-34k, I'd jump on that sooooooo hard.
                            sigpic

Comment

A buddy at work had an early Ecoboost truck, I think a 2012 that developed the timing chain rattle at just under 60k. It sounded like shit when he would crank it after sitting overnight. Ford house wouldn't touch it until it threw a code, that was the last straw for him and he traded it in on a '15 Silverado.

Cliff notes for Vagnus: 11-14 trucks may suffer from weak timing chains, TSB 14-0194 http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=187147
                              Last edited by 4EyedTurd; 01-26-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Insert random horror story here regarding any vehicle, and how someone traded that vehicle for another vehicle!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X