F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barronj View Post
    When getting any tunes, I would decrease the shift firmness by the max of 25% when installing, but it was still too harsh. I asked Torrey @ Unleashed to leave the shift pressures stock when shifting, and that's how it drives now. The harshness of the shifts is staggering on many tunes, leaves you wondering how long the trans will last at these levels.

I said SXT earlier, that was a typo for SCT
    The trans will last longer shifting harder.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

yep, my CCLB F350 will dust the tires at 3/4 throttle when the converter locks in 3rd... it is not a velvety smooth engagement
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        The trans will last longer shifting harder.
        True for stuff like clutch and band fibers, but not so much on hard parts like the sun shell.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          yep, my CCLB F350 will dust the tires at 3/4 throttle when the converter locks in 3rd... it is not a velvety smooth engagement
          Cooter, I sent you a PM seeking some advice

Comment

Anyone used 5-star Tuning?

Why Tune My Vehicle? From the factory, your vehicle?s computer is calibrated for the masses, designed with the average driver in mind, not the performance
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              I have it on mine. I'm still on the 87 octane tune. The increase in torque from stock is very noticeable and it firms up the shifts(gets second gear chirps sometimes). With it being a "tow" tune it does a lot of shifting. I don't like that part of it.

One thing to note is the truck didn't pass the plug in test during inspection. I didn't have any lights on either. I had to put the stock tune in for it to pass. I don't remember what the inspection guy said is was, but I don't think it was the typical "not ready" that everyone gets when they unplug the battery to clear the MIL.

I ran a 9.1 at 77 like it sits with a passenger. It's an FX2 with no other mods.

Thanks,
              LT

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                for a cobalt?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                  I have it on mine. I'm still on the 87 octane tune. The increase in torque from stock is very noticeable and it firms up the shifts(gets second gear chirps sometimes). With it being a "tow" tune it does a lot of shifting. I don't like that part of it.

One thing to note is the truck didn't pass the plug in test during inspection. I didn't have any lights on either. I had to put the stock tune in for it to pass. I don't remember what the inspection guy said is was, but I don't think it was the typical "not ready" that everyone gets when they unplug the battery to clear the MIL.

I ran a 9.1 at 77 like it sits with a passenger. It's an FX2 with no other mods.

Thanks,
                  LT
                  Do you only have a tow tune, or did you get one of their performance tunes too?

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  for a cobalt?

god bless.
                  Negative. For my ecobust.

Cobalt is taking a long nap.
                  sigpic

Comment

This thread makes me sad seeing Forrest post

Comment

• Just installed SSi's 3.5 ecoboost Trump tune in my 2015 SHO with down pipes. All I can say is WOW. Amazing engine. I have no experience with tuners but Shawn at SSi is pretty damn amazing.
                      Anyone else with an ecoboost SHO? I'd like to see if there's a difference.

Experts in Ford, GM & Chrysler Auatomotive Custom Tuning. We also specialize in power adder and forced induction custom tuning. #1 in Ford Ecoboost tuning.
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• This is how it starts, next you'll be completely rebuilding the motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Do you only have a tow tune, or did you get one of their performance tunes too?
                          I got 5 different tunes with the SCT when I bought it. 87 economy, 87 performance/tow, 89 performance/tow, 93 performance/tow and 93 performance. I've yet to use any of the others. I know if I put the hotter tune in I won't want to go back and I'll start driving the crap out of it.

Comment

• Hotter tune will most likely require new/regapped plugs and I bar sensor, at least. Add down pipes and proper tuen = whole new engine
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I have an SSI tune on my SCT for my Ecoboost F150, 93 oct., and you can't accelerate in 1st without blowing the tires off, 2nd is only slightly better. It's a fun tune, I don't run it though; I take my kids to school every day in that truck and people would think I was a hot head. Shawn has his loyal followers, but he's gotten a lot of bad press for how he designs his tunes. He's blamed for a lot of blown motors on the EB forums.

I run Unleashed Tuning tunes.
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
                                I have an SSI tune on my SCT for my Ecoboost F150, 93 oct., and you can't accelerate in 1st without blowing the tires off, 2nd is only slightly better. It's a fun tune, I don't run it though; I take my kids to school every day in that truck and people would think I was a hot head. Shawn has his loyal followers, but he's gotten a lot of bad press for how he designs his tunes. He's blamed for a lot of blown motors on the EB forums.

I run Unleashed Tuning tunes.
                                Did you close(tighten) your plug gaps on the 93 tune?

Comment

Working...
                                X