Be on the lookout for me...looking for Mx bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be on the lookout for me...looking for Mx bike

Decided 16 years without one is long enough. Time to start riding and getting back in shape. So if you see or hear of a really nice, clean motocross bike. Please let me know. Looking for anything from a KTM 150, CRF250x, KTM 200-300 (wide ratio series), Wrf250f....or even a KX250. I hate to buy new until I know I am going to ride enough to justify the expense. So again. If you see or hear anything please keep me in mind.

Ill have a 2012 kx250f ready very soon if your interested. Its a ex arena-cross pro's bike with a full rebuild on the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
      Ill have a 2012 kx250f ready very soon if your interested. Its a ex arena-cross pro's bike with a full rebuild on the motor.
      Probably a bit more bike than I need. IF I get a KX250 it will likely be a 2003-06 due to the price range on those. I am going browsing at new stuff tomorrow. Have no intentions of buying new but I going to look anyway.

Comment

Went to look at new Husqvarna's today. They are super nice but not willing to spend nearly 9k until I am riding enough to justify that. When I quit riding in 1999 or 2000 I was riding a Gas Gas 200. I got the Gas Gas after riding KDX 200's for years. I liked the Gas Gas was quite a bit more narrow than the KDX's. These new bikes seem to half as wide at the seat and tank as the Gas Gas. It is crazy. Almost like sitting on a BMX bike.

Comment

I'd love to see a new KDX line come out.

Comment

Anyone of you guys, that knows Mx bikes well, in Denton?

Comment

I'm in Denton.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Damn i just sold a yz250f in perfect condition that i just rebuilt for 1500 with a title

Comment

Came close to getting a really nice 2014 KTM 200 XC but could not make the trip to Denton before it sold. Oh well, that is what I get for not living in the DFW area anymore. So I am going to watch to see what comes up over the next couple of weeks and see if anything good pops up. If not I am thinking about going with a new 2016 KTM 200 XC or a new 2017 Husqvarna TE250.

I like the 200 because I really wanted a small displacement, lighter bike and the fact it has the rear suspension without the linkage hanging down. The new Husqvarna is nice, and I personally know the local dealer and would like to support him, but I like the looks and the rear suspension setup on the KTM better.
                    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 07-15-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I have a 16 KTM 250sxf with a 270cc big bore kit and ported head/cams. It is brand new and has only dyno time on it. I just finished building it and it is too damn hot to ride. LoL. It has the 16 WP cone valve forks and Trax shock as well. I say just go get a new one. They are awesome machines. My bike make 54hp. Pretty damn good for a 250f (270cc).

Comment

Yeah..I know. I was trying to cheap out and find a good used one. In the middle of building a freestanding and was going the cheap route to get back into the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          My bike make 54hp. Pretty damn good for a 250f (270cc).
                          you have a dyno sheet on that?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                            you have a dyno sheet on that?

Not yet. I should next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Post some pics when you get the bike back....

Comment

Working...
                              X