Husqvarna....anybody have opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
    I'd like a smaller two stroke for the dirt, if I could swing it without making myself single I'd be dragging home a new beta 300rr.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/0...stroke-review/
    The new Beta and Gas Gas are nice, for sure. However we are good friends with the Husky dealer. I was going to get a new one back before I bought my KTM 200. I just could not see spend 8-10k for my first bike in 15 years. Now after riding about every week since buying it (used for 4500). I am seriously thinking I want a 4 stroke to play on once in a while. I never wanted a 4 stroke but I went and rode my dads WR250f and even though I hated it for the first 10 minutes. By the time the day was over I really, really liked the smooth, linear power.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      The new Beta and Gas Gas are nice, for sure. However we are good friends with the Husky dealer. I was going to get a new one back before I bought my KTM 200. I just could not see spend 8-10k for my first bike in 15 years. Now after riding about every week since buying it (used for 4500). I am seriously thinking I want a 4 stroke to play on once in a while. I never wanted a 4 stroke but I went and rode my dads WR250f and even though I hated it for the first 10 minutes. By the time the day was over I really, really liked the smooth, linear power.
      Yeah I really like four strokes a lot, in addition to the 450x supermoto I've got a 450r for the dirt that I'm no where near pushing to its limits but the power on tap is pretty awesome and I got a damn good deal on it used.

Comment

Have I idea if this is a good deal or horrible deal but just ran across it while looking for a 250.

Comment

General thoughts on the Husqvarna company?

Are they one of those somewhat rare companies, that just makes high quality shit and doesn't really make cheap stuff? One of the good companies that we all like to buy from. Or is it hit and miss?
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            General thoughts on the Husqvarna company?

Are they one of those somewhat rare companies, that just makes high quality shit and doesn't really make cheap stuff? One of the good companies that we all like to buy from. Or is it hit and miss?
            I have heard the phrase...."Husqvarna is basically a white KTM with a few minor upgrades".

Comment

So its some pretty good shit. Didn't know husq made bikes, though, and didn't know KTM made anything other than bikes.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                Yeah, that's why I made a point to go back to one of the dealers that didn't want to deal on a 3200 dollar bike riding a carbon fibered out ducati. Fags.
                The day that Maxim Yamaha/Honda didn't want to take me seriously on a brand new CBR1000rr, is the day that I came back a couple hours later to show off my brand new ZX10r
                Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

matt why dont you put a big bore and cams on the drz instead? i dont think you're going to liek oil changes at 5 hours and doing valves all teh damn time. i bought my bike to ride and enjoy, not spend an hour every weekend wrenching on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    matt why dont you put a big bore and cams on the drz instead? i dont think you're going to liek oil changes at 5 hours and doing valves all teh damn time. i bought my bike to ride and enjoy, not spend an hour every weekend wrenching on it.
                    Good thoughts too. I'm looking at options...you know me, always have the itch for a new one.

Comment

I have a couple of their axes.. Not sure that helps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        I have a couple of their axes.. Not sure that helps though.
                        Best weedeater I've ever had was a Husqvarna

Comment

As long as you keep up on normal maintenance, you won't be working on a ktm all the time. A drz with a big bore and hot cams on the other hand...it's a drz, do the simple mods like 3x3 etc without cracking the motor open and enjoy it. Get more ride time on it and do some track days and head to arkansas for the supermoto junkie ride with the dfw crew next year, your more than welcome to join us. You'll have more fun on a drz in two days on those roads than you will on a 500 or 701 in dfw in a year.

Comment

Working...
                          X