New desktop build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    He's talking about a CPU cooler. The corsair h100 series.
    Originally posted by abecx View Post
    I have a self-contained corsair CPU liquid cooler that works great, I would look for a self-contained unit too for your video card too as maintaining your own feels archaic at this point.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Oops. I suppose I should keep reading before I reply.

Comment

Yes, that would work, you'd need the cooler separate but yeah. I've done custom water cooling often to know that its more trouble than its worth, it get expensive fast. Unless you want to maximize how much you can overclock, a self contained unit is better. If I were trying to get max performance out of all my parts, I would have my own setup like I did with my litecoin rig.

Comment

Yes, that would work, you'd need the cooler separate but yeah. I've done custom water cooling often to know that its more trouble than its worth, it get expensive fast. Unless you want to maximize how much you can overclock, a self contained unit is better. If I were trying to get max performance out of all my parts, I would have my own setup like I did with my litecoin rig.
          My only question is where would I mount the radiator for it? The plans are to mount a Corsair H115i inside the top of my case where it vents hot air out. I'll have a second fan venting hot air out the back while several fans pull cool air in from the front.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

My only question is where would I mount the radiator for it? The plans are to mount a Corsair H115i inside the top of my case where it vents hot air out. I'll have a second fan venting hot air out the back while several fans pull cool air in from the front.
            I've been using the Antec p280 case for probably 8 years now. Its the best case I've ever owned ( i've bought at least 6 of them by now ).

Typically there is a rear exhaust and ceiling exhaust ports on a case, the rear exhaust for CPU cooler and the ceiling exhaust for the video card.

The case you have listed should suffice. http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid...rcase-maker-5/

Comment

I've been using the Antec p280 case for probably 8 years now. Its the best case I've ever owned ( i've bought at least 6 of them by now ).

Typically there is a rear exhaust and ceiling exhaust ports on a case, the rear exhaust for CPU cooler and the ceiling exhaust for the video card.

The case you have listed should suffice. http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid...rcase-maker-5/
              With that being said, should I go with something smaller than the H115i?

Comment

Unless you're planning to stick with the Corsair fans(pretty noisy from my experience), I'd get the H110i(or v2) and use some Cougar fans.

Comment

Depends on how much you want to overclock if at all. I would replace the fans too, albeit I keep my computer in the closet so I dont hear shit anyway. I run the stock fans on my TitanX video cards.

If you just want a quiet PC and arent planning on overclocking to the extreme, whatever the smallest is should work for you just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Unless you're planning to stick with the Corsair fans(pretty noisy from my experience), I'd get the H110i(or v2) and use some Cougar fans.
                    Their mag lev fans are pretty quite. I replaced the h100i V2 fans with the 4 mag levs, 2 pushing, 2 pulling, and It is super fucking quite until my video cards kick on.

Comment

Upgrade from a 970 to a 1070 and then get this: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...d_Water_Cooler

I run that on my 1080, and it's whisper quiet and the highest load temperatures I've seen so far have been 52 degrees Celsius. They used to make something similar for the 9XX series cards, but I haven't seen one for sale in a while.

I am also running a Core i7-6700k with this to cool it: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...uid_CPU_Cooler

Same story, pretty quiet, and cools amazingly well. In fact, I have my computer on top of my desk now, instead of under it, because it's small enough and quiet enough to do so, especially with headphones on. Here's a pic of my super-cramped, timy mITX build with both of those coolers in there:

I have the fans on both radiators set to intake, and the 200mm fan on the front set to exhaust, but I'm still experimenting on what keeps the lowest temperatures.

EDIT: Yes, that's my son's play mat. Works pretty good for anti-static operations

Comment

Depends on how much you want to overclock if at all. I would replace the fans too, albeit I keep my computer in the closet so I dont hear shit anyway. I run the stock fans on my TitanX video cards.

If you just want a quiet PC and arent planning on overclocking to the extreme, whatever the smallest is should work for you just fine.
                        Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Their mag lev fans are pretty quite. I replaced the h100i V2 fans with the 4 mag levs, 2 pushing, 2 pulling, and It is super fucking quite until my video cards kick on.
                        I don't plan on overclocking this CPU, so is a liquid cooling unit even necessary? I'm planning on replacing all the internal fans with the mag lev fans since they're a solid upgrade. Can I get away with a nicer or better air cooled CPU cooler?

Comment

I don't plan on overclocking this CPU, so is a liquid cooling unit even necessary? I'm planning on replacing all the internal fans with the mag lev fans since they're a solid upgrade. Can I get away with a nicer or better air cooled CPU cooler?
                          You can, but you can get a h100i v 2 for $120ish from fry's. If I'm just browsing the web you cant even hear my pc, and it sits 2 feet from me. The only time it is loud is when the dual 980's kick their fans on.

Comment

We used the Be Quite Shadow rock slim

Comment

The rig's I've been building here latley there hasn't been much difference between say a h100i water cooler and noctua piped cooler. Maybe 2c under load. The piped ones are effecient as hell now and very cheap and don't look bad. I still use WC though on my personal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Picked up a Cooler Master 212 Evo and so better fans for it. I got most of the PC built last night, just waiting for the CPU and RAM. I'll post pics later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X