Update on stuff and things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Dang, sucks to hear man, but if that's where you want to be, don't give up!

Guessing you'll probably go to an airborne unit? I don't recall, are you 11b?
    I am 11B, and luckily I'll get to stay that.
    A ton of dudes are getting 173rd right now. I guess that could be cool. Not here cool, it's probably not horrible though
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      I am 11B, and luckily I'll get to stay that.
      A ton of dudes are getting 173rd right now. I guess that could be cool. Not here cool, it's probably not horrible though
      That would be pretty cool, IMO. Not getting 2 years in Europe as a single dude was one of my few regrets. I almost re-upped for Germany when i got out, but it would have been 3 years since I was married with kid.. After a year in Korea I was wanting to stay state-side for a while.

Comment

Sorry to hear. If you can't get back into the Ranger program check out the Sapper school. You need to be an E-4 or higher but they do accept people that aren't engineers. You get a pretty cool red tab that you'll rarely see. Then hopefully your unit doesn't treat you like an EOD tech.

Comment

You are early in man, plenty of time. Just focus on improving yourself one day at a time

Comment

General plan is to improve my pt, go ahead and try to knock out EIB testing, go to Ranger School, and then come back tabbed with an EIB
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Keep at it, I didn't even have the courage to raise my hand when they where asking for PJ's and CCT's my first day at Tech school . Still and old dirty Crew Chief 14 years later.
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Keep your head up man. I watched better men than me wash out. There were many times I thought about dropping out too, but I pushed through it. There was this little nerdy fucker in my class that made it through. I was not about to let him beat me. In the end he did...he gave up his life to save his brothers in 2003 Iraq. Hard men don't always look the part.

You now know what shortcomings you need to address. If you aren't maxing every PT test, then don't try again until you are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Keep hammering towards your goals, Ben.

Have you looked at Civil Affairs? I work with a few of them here in Africa. They have a pretty cool mission here. Can you learn another language? French maybe?
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    Keep hammering towards your goals, Ben.

Have you looked at Civil Affairs? I work with a few of them here in Africa. They have a pretty cool mission here. Can you learn another language? French maybe?
                    Right now I kinda just wanna be a good ole 11B. That may change later on down the road, but I wanna do this for a bit. I really just wanna be an 11B in regiment. But that is postponed.

My asvab/gt scores are all high. I've taken the Army's language test (DLAB) and scored a 100 which qualifies me for all but the top teir of languages. I think if I were to ever do something else it would either be medical or HUMINT

Comment

It pisses me off how these other dudes are acting though. They are happy to be gone. All I want is to class up with everyone else.

Comment

Right now I kinda just wanna be a good ole 11B. That may change later on down the road, but I wanna do this for a bit. I really just wanna be an 11B in regiment. But that is postponed.

My asvab/gt scores are all high. I've taken the Army's language test (DLAB) and scored a 100 which qualifies me for all but the top teir of languages. I think if I were to ever do something else it would either be medical or HUMINT
                        Take a serious look at CA. All the guys here are fully tabbed except the younger ones. They run their own programs and deal a lot with DOS, OGAs and the SFODA. Having a language like French is a foot in the door for nearly all of Africa.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

So awesome, Ben. Congrats on everything.. and dont forget to lmk when you are up my way.

Comment

It pisses me off how these other dudes are acting though. They are happy to be gone. All I want is to class up with everyone else.

If you put it off too long you'll end up not going. Set a date to try again and do what it takes to prepare yourself.
                            I'm sure there are some ex SEAL/SF guys around there with prep courses if you need that kind of motivation.

How far into RASP did you make it? What caused you to get dismissed? Did you leave voluntarily? It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, once you quit you won't be allowed to try again. Maybe that's changed? Or my memory fails me?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              If you put it off too long you'll end up not going. Set a date to try again and do what it takes to prepare yourself.
                              I'm sure there are some ex SEAL/SF guys around there with prep courses if you need that kind of motivation.

How far into RASP did you make it? What caused you to get dismissed? Did you leave voluntarily? It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, once you quit you won't be allowed to try again. Maybe that's changed? Or my memory fails me?

I didn't VW, I failed to meet pull up standards per the cadre member grading. Because it happened that way I can return.

Comment

Good deal. Get your butt in shape and try again. I told you that if you're not mentally and physically prepared you will be exposed. You can't skate thru on determination alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X