E85 in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    There are 12 within 10 miles of my house in Benbrook.

https://www.google.com/search?q=e85+...E,lf:1,lf_ui:3
    When I use that link, it shows several stations near me, none of which sell e85.

Comment

I use the Valero in Princeton Tx for my car it usually test around E75-E80
      2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
      2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

you will not find 85% ethanol at a pump, e85 has a minimum of 15% gas, that is then mixed with a 98% ethanol mix, so 83% is really the highest you could ever expect to see and that is very rare. a good mix in the metroplex is ~80%, kroger is typically the best although i've gotten 83% at a murray gas station in ft. worth. HEB's typically also have good content. racetrack's and valero's typically have poor % ~65-75...

Comment

Car have a content sensor? Or are you going to just adjust tune and test every batch you get?

Comment

Kroger's for the Last 10 years I know, always has the highest and cleanest.

I regularly see 88-90+ in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
              Kroger's for the Last 10 years I know, always has the highest and cleanest.

I regularly see 88-90+ in the summer
              83% is the highest you'll find at a pump (http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_e85_specs.html), daily driving 3 cars that are on e85 with content meters and tuning at least a few a week i can say i've never seen higher then a legit 83% reading.

Comment

Go check Kroger, and let me know what you find. I check the specific gravity with a hydrometer, because I run nitromethane with it. In the summer months I test higher then 85% regularly in the summer months. For the last 11 years I have been running it, the highest ethanol content I find at the pump, us Kroger fuel centers.
                Last edited by JETFAST; 03-26-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I tested this yesterday at the Kroeger on Coit and 121.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Can someone cut down that guy's fucking sig...
                    I forget sigs are even a thing until i hit a message board for research, and I'm not signed in to it.

I keep checking my ublock add blocking settings, until I realize it's a signature, and user avatars.

I've had that shit turned off here for years.
                    sigpic

Comment

okay. kroger at coit and 121 is the spot?

need to get my shit together and finish my fuel set up.

Comment

just tested some from the kroger at coit and 121. it has been sitting for two weeks in a fuel jug, but i got the same thing. right around 85% with the quick fuel cylinder.

i will test the race track at exchange next. way closer to the house.

Comment

tested the race track on exchange and 75 tonight. right around 70%.

bummer.

Comment

Working...
                          X