• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery/Food Delivery/PickUp

Who's doing it?
    Who do you use?
    Are you happy with the service?
    How much do you pay?

The wife and I just signed up for Blue Apron 3 meals/wk plan. We will get our first delivery next Tuesday. It's $60/week.

We also started Amazon Fresh, which is like $15/month and free delivery over $40, same day as long as you have your order in by 1:00pm. Prices are slightly higher on some items, but not terrible and beats the FUCK out of shopping a godforsaken grocery store full of the walking dead.

We budget about $120/wk in groceries as it stands the way we've been doing it, and I think it's going to be pretty close based on our first Amazon Fresh order. We will see.

Anyone else doing any grocery services?

I'll have to check out amazon fresh. The wife and I have been doing Blu Apron for a month and a half or so. Our only complaint is that the spices are a bit on the exotic side. Though it is broadening our horizons and we are trying flavors that we wouldn't normally try, We are going to give Hello Fresh a go on the next round. Their recipes are a little more traditional and they will fit our taste a bit better.

Anyone using Blue Apron, you can get $100 worth of gift cards at Costco for 79.99 and if you are going to sign up and give it a try, be sure to use one of the 3 free meal promo's. Though, you cannot combine the gift cards and the promo on your first order. We bought $300 worth of BA gift cards and loaded them to our account, saving us about $60
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      grocery store full of the walking dead.
      that bad, huh? haha

the concept of having boxed meals shipped to your house and you still have to cook it seems strange. why not just go out to eat?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        that bad, huh? haha

the concept of having boxed meals shipped to your house and you still have to cook it seems strange. why not just go out to eat?
        You're gonna have to pay someone to cook that food, and then tip the person who brings it out and refills your water once at least 15% or you look like a piece of shit.

Comment

that bad, huh? haha

They are not box meals that need heated. They supply the meat, veggies, spices, etc. You prep and cook.

Comment

I guess there really should be two categories.

Online grocery shopping:
            Kroger curb-side if you order online.
            Walmart curb-side if you order online.
            Amazon Fresh of course delivers to your door.

Meal kit delivery services are reinventing the dinner ritual a very good way. Working couples, singles, and busy families who care about eating fresh, home-cooked meals are flocking to the concept of a freshly prepped meal-in-a-box and the market is lighting up with a flurry of new offerings. For this [...]

Meal Delivery:
            Blue Apron
            Hello Fresh
            Freshly
            Plated
            Purple Carrot
            etc.

Comment

We use Wal-Mart Curb side a lot... better than waiting in line...

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                You're gonna have to pay someone to cook that food, and then tip the person who brings it out and refills your water once at least 15% or you look like a piece of shit.
                $60 bucks a week for 3 meals is totally doable between two people to go out to eat for 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  They are not box meals that need heated. They supply the meat, veggies, spices, etc. You prep and cook.
                  i know

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

I've used Blue Apron and Hello Fresh. I liked Hello Fresh better. Produce was always better and so where the meats and other ingredients. After we used these services a while we decided to just use Amazon fresh and put the meals together ourselves. We kept the recipe cards. Meals are pretty good and not too bad to make. The biggest benefit was having healthy meals we wouldn't have prepared otherwise. Price is a bit high, but I felt like it wasn't too out of line.

Comment

thought about the blue apron stuff, but the wife is worse than the kids about trying anything new.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

$60 bucks a week for 3 meals is totally doable between two people to go out to eat for 3 times
                        If you go out to Mcdonalds and eat off the dollar menu, sure.

Comment

Walmart Grocery user here. I haven't went inside a store to buy groceries in 6-8 weeks maybe? There is a store 2 miles from work. Routine has been Saturday or Sunday morning "shop" for groceries online while answering some emails or surfing the web and schedule for pickup at the end of my work day.

Longest I've waited curbside was the first time (when I didn't check in online when I left work). Usually sit there for 5-7 minutes, I load my car and drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            If you go out to Mcdonalds and eat off the dollar menu, sure.
                            what fat ass spends $20 bucks at Mcdonalds to feed two people?

Comment

what fat ass spends $20 bucks at Mcdonalds to feed two people?
                              A small big mac meal is $6.59. Add a medium or supersize it, and you're well into 8 bucks with tax.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X