No announcement yet.

School me on the Jeep thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now i feel like i need to add a pic. Cuz its a jeep thing.
    Just know if u decide to go down this road, be prepared to constanly want to throw money at it and change it.
    The jku with some extra stuff.

The 04 TJ, basically bone stock and untouched, for now.

Comment

So far I've held out not adding muck to my jk, since I'm waiting on the '19 wrangler truck. If towing capacity is 5k or more with 8 spd auto LED lighting and a backup can I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        So far I've held out not adding muck to my jk, since I'm waiting on the '19 wrangler truck. If towing capacity is 5k or more with 8 spd auto LED lighting and a backup can I'm in.
        Im with you the wrangler truck concept looks badass. Especially if it has a good towing rating. I might have to break my current no car payment rule for that. My current jku has all the power u need to pull heavy loads since the turbo upgrade. I just dont want to do it since the vehicle was not engineered for it. It does pull the shit out of my 3500lb boat though.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          What are your plans? I searched hard for Jeeps in the 8-12k range. I thought that was what I wanted but I did not like how any of them drove. I ended up with a 2003 v8 4runner that I lifted, ARB bumper, 9500 Superwinch, on 33's. Just got back from New Mexico and plan on going back or to Big Bend April 9th. It is much more comfortable than the Jeep and still cruises 80 with no front sway bar very nicely.
          We've got an '03 Limited V8 AWD, and it's a great vehicle. Very capable, too. All we've done is put slightly larger than stock Toyo all-terrains on it, and it does really well on the trails here in CO. It's on the small side for me for long road trips, but certainly more comfy than a Jeep. A lot damn more reliable, too! Perhaps not as fun, I guess.

Comment

Is there a DFW-Jeeps website to visit?

mardyn

Comment

Join the north Texas jeep club group on Facebook. They have a forum but no one ever posts on it. They are all just in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                Is there a DFW-Jeeps website to visit?

mardyn
                Lonestar Jeep is still going ok. No BS and a family friendly site. http://www.lsjc.org
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  Join the north Texas jeep club group on Facebook. They have a forum but no one ever posts on it. They are all just in the group.

I found that page to be 99.99% social and overall pretty useless. Unless you want to know what to name your Jeep, who to buy stickers from, and who can mount neon 'rock lights'.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I found that page to be 99.99% social and overall pretty useless. Unless you want to know what to name your Jeep, who to buy stickers from, and who can mount neon 'rock lights'.

Lmao. Actually that's very true.

Comment

Jeeps are gay/ thread!

Comment

I am trying to talk the wife into a 4x4 2500 Suburban.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Honestly I'd look into a used TJ or JK. The coil spring suspension is a huge improvement.

How are the coil spring conversion kits for the CJ's? Does that pan out well?
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            How are the coil spring conversion kits for the CJ's? Does that pan out well?
                            Might as well run full coilovers.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              Jeeps are gay/ thread!
                              And expensive as fuck! lol
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                Those guys are our running joke on the trails. Cleaning their wheels when they arrive at the ohv park. Them and Collin county Jeep club.

I picked up this tj in Jan for 1500 bucks. 4cly 6 speed. So far I've changed to full doors and have a 6" lift and wheels waiting on the shelf to go on it.

And here's my brother in laws after I broke the rear drive shaft in 3 places.
                                07 f250-family truckster
                                08 Denali -baby hauler
                                52 f1-rust bucket
                                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                                X