No announcement yet.

Hold on bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummm....I think it would only be IRS or Child support that would cause this...or Government student loan...
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      I would find out who the court order is for and call to find out why they took 8500 from you
      If you find out who it is, and do call them, DO NOT verify anything other than who you are. Do not give them anything they can twist to say that you claimed the debt as yours. I've seen signatures on dispute letters PS'd onto statements of acceptance, settlements, etc. These people are shady as fuck in their tactics and a lot of them have 0 regard for the Federal debt collection practices act as well as the Texas Finance Code which affords consumers much more protection than the FDCPA
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

If there was a judgement against you then you would have been served and it would also show up as a judgement on your credit report.
        When is the last time you looked at your credit report? That would be the first thing I would look at. I know you said earlier that you have impeccable credit and always pay on time, but that's where I'd start. Then my next phone call after would be to the bank again.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          You don't get prior notice of asset seizure, that'd pretty much defeat the purpose.
          Once it gets to that point sure, but he's talking about whatever collections activity happened prior to that. Most, if not all companies/creditors want to get paid well before it gets to the point of asset forefeiture.

My spidey sense is tingling with the thought of ID theft.

Comment

I'm curious if they just got the wrong account on accident, one wrong digit and POOF!
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              I'm curious if they just got the wrong account on accident, one wrong digit and POOF!
              Or the wrong Tyler 'X'. I've seen that before on credit reporting when they didn't have the SSN, where it ended up on the wrong persons CBR.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Or the wrong Tyler 'X'. I've seen that before on credit reporting when they didn't have the SSN, where it ended up on the wrong persons CBR.
                That as well.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  Hummm....I think it would only be IRS or Child support that would cause this...or Government student loan...
                  I was going to say this - my brother had the same thing happen to him over past due child support. He was unemployed and eventually got hit with over $20k drawn from his account (of course there was nowhere near 20k in there).

Luckily it was just your petty cash account. We know all dfwmustangs members have more than $3,500 in their real accounts...

Comment

That's shady as hell, and a real kick in the nuts, especially because you have no idea where it would have come from. I hope you get it all sorted out, and keep us updated, if you can, on what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      I was going to say this - my brother had the same thing happen to him over past due child support. He was unemployed and eventually got hit with over $20k drawn from his account (of course there was nowhere near 20k in there).

Luckily it was just your petty cash account. We know all dfwmustangs members have more than $3,500 in their real accounts...
                      Yep...in pocket change
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

never ever utter the word "yes" or "ok" on the phone. if anyone called me i would say good day and hang up.

Comment

note to self...save money under the mattress

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            never ever utter the word "yes" or "ok" on the phone. if anyone called me i would say good day and hang up.
                            Solid advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Yeah I get the Mexican approach of fuck giving banks my money now. Finally getting some detail, it's a legit debt collection for my wife from 2006, I lawyered up. She doesn't even use the account but her name is on it so they took the cash.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

That's well over 7 years ago, something shady for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X