Snowden leaves Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    treason is treason . no matter what cause you tack on it. to me , it was not his call to make .
    So is letting the American people know that their government is violating their rights treason?

Comment

treason is treason . no matter what cause you tack on it. to me , it was not his call to make .
      Maybe so, but the way our govt has gotten out of control, we need people like him to keep it in check. I would consider him a patriot to the true spirit of his country.

Comment

yes our government is a raving pile of shit . i agree 100% . but it comes down to the damage he did . it's not some geeks place to make this call. there are better ways to do it. not saying the administration should not be flamed out of washington but this geek committed treason . period . who's picking up his tab ? if he's so damn patriotic why did he run ? he could have went about this in a far better way. hell give it to the fucking republicans and turn them loose . but leaking data like this is treason . his ass is toast no matter how you slice it.

Comment

and do any of you seriously think this is the first time the government has sped on it's citizens ????

Comment

He needed to come forth with his real name because you might be surprised at how quickly he might 'disappear' if no one ever really knew him.

Let's put aside for a minute if you consider him a hero or traitor. He revealed a program that has been ongoing within our government, specifically our military, which included openly spying on American citizens without any oversight or any regard for the legal protections all citizens are afforded enumerated under the 4th amendment. That is a fact ladies and gentlemen. It doesn't matter what sort of complicated set of bullshit regulations our congress even passes; if that sort of stuff is used as "legal backing" in order to allow this program to exist, it is already illegal because it blatantly violates our Constitution. Who is a traitor again?

One last thought on this....remember part of the documents that Snowden released on PRISM that showed a chart of when the major tech companies came online? It showed Microsoft, Google, Verizon, Facebook, Apple, etc. When this was first made news within a couple of days these companies said they'd never dealt with anything of the sort and it was all nonsense.

Then a couple days later due to supposed backlash, some of these same companies wanted to "prove" to its customers that there was no issue....except did you notice in the news stories these companies were asking the .gov for the ok to go ahead do this? Why the hell would a company need the ok of the .gov in the first place? I'll tell you why, it's because they damn well knew about these programs from the beginning and willingly went along with it.

Comment

yes our government is a raving pile of shit . i agree 100% . but it comes down to the damage he did . it's not some geeks place to make this call. there are better ways to do it. not saying the administration should not be flamed out of washington but this geek committed treason . period . who's picking up his tab ? if he's so damn patriotic why did he run ? he could have went about this in a far better way. hell give it to the fucking republicans and turn them loose . but leaking data like this is treason . his ass is toast no matter how you slice it.
              The fucking politicians already knew about it, but like every last one of those cock suckers, they're more worried about their jobs than the people they supposedly represent.

Comment

yes our government is a raving pile of shit . i agree 100% . but it comes down to the damage he did . it's not some geeks place to make this call. there are better ways to do it.
                Who's call is it to make, then? How would it have been better done?

and do any of you seriously think this is the first time the government has sped on it's citizens ????

Does it matter what time it is? It's happened before, so it's okay?

Comment

Congressional Republicans have been the most vocal about calling him a traitor. The laws the administration operates under were voted in by the legislative branch. What the fuck would you do if you found out the government was doing something crazy like this?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

yes our government is a raving pile of shit . i agree 100% . but it comes down to the damage he did . it's not some geeks place to make this call. there are better ways to do it. not saying the administration should not be flamed out of washington but this geek committed treason . period . who's picking up his tab ?
                    What damage did he do? What secret files did he release? Whose life has he endangered?

if he's so damn patriotic why did he run ? he could have went about this in a far better way. hell give it to the fucking republicans and turn them loose . but leaking data like this is treason . his ass is toast no matter how you slice it.
                    Are you so naive that you think 1) the GOV would have let any US media release the story and 2) he would live very long afterwards?

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Traitor? Are you fucking serious?
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Congressional Republicans have been the most vocal about calling him a traitor. The laws the administration operates under were voted in by the legislative branch. What the fuck would you do if you found out the government was doing something crazy like this?
                        Members of congress are coming together on amnesty and hating Snowden.

Comment

In Soviet America internet browses you!
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I thought treason was when you aided the enemy? This guy let us know the government was violating all of our rights in a massive way. That makes US the enemy in the eyes of our government.

Who would have ever thought a few box-cutters would turn America into East-Germany?
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                              I thought treason was when you aided the enemy? This guy let us know the government was violating all of our rights in a massive way. That makes US the enemy in the eyes of our government.

Who would have ever thought a few box-cutters would turn America into East-Germany?
                              9-11 played into our govt's hands to take more of our rights away. Some would go so far to say that our govt was in on it.

Comment

He didn't commit treason as he didn't injure the country. He called the government to account for actions against it's people. That is the point of a whistleblower. If he had given it to anyone here, the news wouldn't have published it, the R's would have ignored it and he'd have been suicided.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X