Sooooooo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
    All pro-abortionists have never had one. All who have had one have regretted it sooner or later.
    That is Bullshit. Like anyone could even know that. Plus such a stupid blanket statement. "I was raped and had an abortion. Now I regret it." Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      I believe that the father should be able to make the decision as well as the mother. It takes two people to (naturally) conceive a child, if the mother can decide to kill a child, the father should be able to force her to have one.

Pro-choice suddenly becomes a real bitch to women when you make it fair to both parents.

Stevo
      He can't force her to have a medical procedure she doesn't want to have. However, he should be able to divorce himself from the situation. For example: She wants the kid, he doesn't, he should be able to give away any rights he may have to the child and not be on the hook for any financial support, but the decision must be made under the same guidelines as an abortion. Which forces his had to be played before the 23rd week, after that point he's stuck with the repercussions.

Comment

Ever notice that many/most anti-abortionists are men?

Comment

All pro-abortionists have never had one. All who have had one have regretted it sooner or later.
          Lol, dude, get outta here. You're smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            He can't force her to have a medical procedure she doesn't want to have. However, he should be able to divorce himself from the situation. For example: She wants the kid, he doesn't, he should be able to give away any rights he may have to the child and not be on the hook for any financial support, but the decision must be made under the same guidelines as an abortion. Which forces his had to be played before the 23rd week, after that point he's stuck with the repercussions.
            No. Pass the law where a man can legally force her to undergo an abortion within the legal time frame that she herself can have one. If a woman can have the right to terminate the child of a man, the man should have the EXACT same right to terminate the child of a woman.

Fair and impartial pro-choice.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

No. Pass the law where a man can legally force her to undergo an abortion within the legal time frame that she herself can have one. If a woman can have the right to terminate the child of a man, the man should have the EXACT same right to terminate the child of a woman.

Stevo
              Get that kind of logical equality thinking shit out of here!
              sigpic

Comment

It would have required these to actually happen with a surgical backup in place in case something goes wrong. Sounds like safety to me. If zero state or federal funds went to these, PP was completely privately funded, there would still be screaming but not as much. No tax dollars should go to anyone who do these proceedures.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Stevo
                  By enabling the man to force a woman to have an abortion you're removing her choice. On the inverse, if the woman has an abortion and the man wants to keep it, he's up a creek as well.

It is impossible for every scenario to be accounted for on this topic.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  It would have required these to actually happen with a surgical backup in place in case something goes wrong. Sounds like safety to me. If zero state or federal funds went to these, PP was completely privately funded, there would still be screaming but not as much. No tax dollars should go to anyone who do these proceedures.
                  It would be cheaper to completely fund PP than it would to pay out current entitlement programs.

You bitch about the government wasting money, but try to shut down the one thing that ACTUALLY saves money.

Comment

Stevo
                    Equal protection under the law. They'd never stand for this
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No. It would require the clinic to be an ambulatory surgery center.

Comment

Seriously?

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        and also don't think that someone who wasn't raped, may die during birth, child found to be genetically deformed in the womb, or no attempt at any type of conception prevention was used should be allowed to have one anyways.
                        That isn't your decision to make. I don't understand how you can possibly think you have any right to tell someone else what is best for them.

No tax dollars should go to anyone who do these proceedures.

I would rather my tax dollars go towards abortions than a lifetime of welfare.

This and gay marriage are the two points I strongly disagree with Republicans on. Legislating morality has never worked, and is a major waste of time. I wish they would give up these fights, and focus on things that really matter. I will say, I disagree with using abortions as birth control. But, it's not my place to tell women what they can do with their own bodies.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The percentage of women who die from the procedure does not warrant the requirements they were calling for. It seems pretty obvious they were just attempting to find a more politically acceptable means of achieving an overall reduction in abortions.

According to the most recent CDC statistics (2008) twelve women out of the 1.21 million who had the procedure died.
                          Last edited by NoClassic; 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Seriously?

That isn't your decision to make. I don't understand how you can possibly think you have any right to tell someone else what is best for them.

I would rather my tax dollars go towards abortions than a lifetime of welfare.

This and gay marriage are the two points I strongly disagree with Republicans on. Legislating morality has never worked, and is a major waste of time. I wish they would give up these fights, and focus on things that really matter. I will say, I disagree with using abortions as birth control. But, it's not my place to tell women what they can do with their own bodies.
                            goddamnit Brent, why do we have to agree on shit so often?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              It's not only her child.
                              I don't understand how you can possibly think you can tell a father "Sorry, IT WAS NEVER YOURS BRO!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                It's not only her child.
                                I don't understand how you can possibly think you can tell a father "Sorry, IT WAS NEVER YOURS BRO!"
                                Technically, it isn't the father's child. Once you conceive your first child, and carry it for 9 months, you might have a point.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X