Chicago prepares for new concealed carry gun law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago prepares for new concealed carry gun law

CHICAGO (AP) — This city, where violent street gangs shoot it out dozens of times a week despite some of the nation's toughest restrictions on guns, now faces a new challenge: Well-meaning citizens with the legal right to hit the streets with loaded firearms, whenever they want.

As Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn mulls whether to sign off on eliminating the country's last concealed carry ban, the question in Chicago is whether it will matter in the crime-weary city. Will a place that long had one of the tightest bans on handguns be more at risk? Or will it be safer with a law that can only add to the number of guns already on the street?

Sounds awful! I hope they don't experience the huge rise in gun crime that happens in fairy tales.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

God forbid that the crime rate drops like it did here in Texas.

Comment

Kill them all

Comment

Has the crime dropped in DC or is it to early to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            Has the crime dropped in DC or is it to early to tell?
            Probably too early. I can tell you this: Texas had 2022 murders and 129k violent crimes in '94 with a population of 18.7 million. It's been dropping since '95 (the CHL's went into effect) and in 2011 there were 1126 murders and 105k violent crimes, and the population was 25.6 million. We've had a 40% increase in population and the murder rate is almost half.
            Last edited by Vertnut; 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              Probably too early. I can tell you this: Texas had 2022 murders and 129k violent crimes in '94 with a population of 18.7 million. It's been dropping since '95 (the CHL's went into effect) and in 2011 there were 1126 murders and 105k violent crimes, and the population was 25.6 million. We've had a 40% increase in population and the murder rate is almost half.
              Nothing to do with the pres I'm sure
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                Right for once! Lol
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm sure his gun control legislation would have helped.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Your messiah has done absolutely NOTHING for my state. He wouldn't even send FEMA to West, which he could have easily done. He's a poseur and a "wanna-be" humanitarian. He wouldn't piss down your throat if your guts were on fire, yet you show him undying love and loyalty. Hmmm...I guess it's a "black thing"?

Comment

All I can say about Chicago is, someone needs to jiggle the handle.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

The indubitable 9th button. I done pressed it.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

So this means the hard working good people of the state will stand some what of a chance against the Obama voting criminals now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                            the Obama voting criminals
                            You can save a lot of typing by just using "Naynay" for this phrase

Comment

It doesn't matter. If he signs it, it will be 'may issue' and nobody will have a real shot at getting one anyhow.

That's how it is in Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                              X