Star Trek Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Beyond

Edit: https://youtu.be/XRVD32rnzOw Stupid embed shit isn't working.

Color me unimpressed. In fact, the only good thing in that trailer is the music.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

I actually just saw that a little while ago and hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. Ya the trailer is very vague about the plot but I'm hoping it will be more forthcoming as it gets closer to release. But I've honestly not been impressed with any of the of the plots of the recent Star Trek movies so this isn't surprising. I'll still likely go see it in the theater though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      I actually just saw that a little while ago and hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. Ya the trailer is very vague about the plot but I'm hoping it will be more forthcoming as it gets closer to release. But I've honestly not been impressed with any of the of the plots of the recent Star Trek movies so this isn't surprising. I'll still likely go see it in the theater though.
      I know I'm probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed the first two.

Comment

The second one had some story issues, but all things considered I loved the first two. The chemistry is really there among the cast. I don't care if they aren't perfect, they're more fun than most movies and as long as they make them, I'll watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          the trailer is very vague about the plot
          GOOD. THANK FUCKING GOD. More need to be like that.

I enjoyed the previous two, will watch (and enjoy) this one too.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good! Seems like Starfleet is getting it's hiney kicked. Well, the Enterprise at least.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Looks like fast and furious in space. ...I was not impressed with trailer.
              sigpic

Comment

The producer intentionally kept the trailers vague.
                He hates it when the trailers show the best/most important/funniest/etc. parts of the movie and then it seems like you've watched the movie twice.

Edit: Maybe that was the director. Not sure.
                Whoever it was happened to be on Howard Stern.

Comment

The trailer sucked.

However Simon Pegg said today that he also thought it sucked and it wasn't very representative of the final movie. He asked for patience and blamed the bad trailer on the marketing department.

After seeing the trailer, I was ready to give up on this movie being good. Pegg has calmed my fears a lot. I'm looking forward to a real trailer..

Comment

The trailer sucked because people are used to seeing the whole fucking movie in the trailer.
                    This was a perfect fucking trailer. It was awesome.

Go back and watch a PRE-RELEASE Terminator 2 trailer. You had no fucking idea who was doing what in that movie.

Even in the fucking movie itself, until Arnold and Robert met and fought, you didn't know who was a good guy, and who was the bad guy.

Absolutely fuck this god damn "give me the whole movie in a series of trailers" shit we've become.
                    sigpic

Comment

Poor choice in music for the subject, but I like not seeing much in trailers. All I kniw is the ship is fucked up, they are getting their ass kicked, the frontier is fighting back, and the actors have returned to their roles. That is all I need to know right now.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I hope it has less plot holes than the last 2
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Since JJ didn't direct this and he passed on next star wars movie also...curious where he goes next!

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I can't wait...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X