No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen Tool in the last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen Tool in the last year?

Anywhere? They are at Verizon next Sunday. I am reading mixed reviews... I am sure their playing is up to snuff and all kinds of bad ass video projection, etc., can be seen and had, but if Manyard's voice isn't holding up, I am not paying 150 bucks a ticket.

And I heard it's "sad what is happening to Maynard's Voice", as recent as the concerts at the beginning of this year in Cali.

So..... do tell if ya know anything.

Originally posted by Denny
    Haven't heard Tool live, but I'd love to. I can see the quality of his voice being very age-manipulated.
    I saw them in 98 and back then his voice damn near shredded the Fair Park Coliseum in two, he sings very complex shit and is not lazy with his live singing as some vocalist are. I youtubed someone's bootlegged concert from a few weeks ago and to tell you the truth he sounded a little flat.

But hey - maybe he's whipped into shape after a few shows and it will be awesome.

The dude has a winery in northern AZ and when he's showing off his product (which has won some awards) he is quite civilized.

In concert he is a ranting maniac.

Iv'e seen plenty of old school concerts and Tool back then was definitely one of the best. I could forgive him for being old, but if it just sucks that would be painful to watch.

Comment

I haven't heard any of that, but TOOL hasn't gone on tour in forever until the current one. The last time I saw them, they still killed it. And if it makes you feel better, I paid $350/ea to see them in Tulsa on Saturday night. I'm considering pulling the trigger on tickets to see them again Sunday night.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I saw their last tour and it was incredible. The standards they hold themselves to makes it hard to believe that they would tour if any of them were not able to perform. We plan on catching them up here, and I would shell out major scratch again to enjoy one of my all time favorite bands. I say pull the trigger.
        The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I haven't heard any of that, but TOOL hasn't gone on tour in forever until the current one. The last time I saw them, they still killed it. And if it makes you feel better, I paid $350/ea to see them in Tulsa on Saturday night. I'm considering pulling the trigger on tickets to see them again Sunday night.
          Well Verizon being a small venue the 150 dollar seats I'm eyeing will probably be fine. Straight on but balcony level. Shit I'll probably go then.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Comment

OK I'm in. Section 302 Row AAA

Comment

Even if his voice is shot it's still tool and should be a fucking awesome show no matter what.

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SlTGyLGcA

There's another video of them in October where he has a filter on his voice, but he also played that show right after playing a Puscifer show so maybe his voice was just "shot" from the previous show.

He takes pretty good care of himself, so I can't imagine him letting his voice go.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Sounds pretty good to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SlTGyLGcA

There's another video of them in October where he has a filter on his voice, but he also played that show right after playing a Puscifer show so maybe his voice was just "shot" from the previous show.

He takes pretty good care of himself, so I can't imagine him letting his voice go.
                  Yeah I figured. Good video. Not a whole lot of high quality video AND audio stuff floating around on YouTube. ..

Anyway I am committed now!

Comment

Maynard also had his right hip replaced in June. Between that and wine operations his schedule is pretty full. He is very hands on with the winery and works tours around it's schedule.

Comment

damn video, I opened it to hear how Maynards voice sounds and had to listen to the whole thing
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'll never see tool live again. I got so fucking high from second hand smoke. I had never smoked weed before, and a tool concert is not the best place to get high the first time.

Comment

Saw them probably 8 years ago and thought the show sucked.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Saw them probably 8 years ago and thought the show sucked.
                            Either the music isn't your style, or something is seriously wrong with you. TOOL puts on the best live show I've ever seen. One of a handlful of bands that sound better live than they do on record.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've seen Tool several times, it is good but in a different way, there isn't much of a performance, just solid musicians doing their job well.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X