Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    and they had horrible accuracy

That's because people can't fucking shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      That's because people can't fucking shoot.
      I could be missing something here, but you just can't build a weapon with those loose tolerances and expect accuracy. Too many variables.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        and they had horrible accuracy

I have a few that will shoot 2 MOA with real ammo like Hornady or Lapua. I also have a Norinco SKS that is a 1.5 moa gun with tech sights; needless to say I went through a few SKSs before I found one that would shoot that well.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

1.5-2 moa is fine out of a service rifle. That's the same as the a decent m4 or something of the like.

Comment

the problem with AK's accuracy is the sights and the lack of a sight radius. I have a few high quality AK's that will drill the shit out of a gong at 200yds, but even the most experience shooter can't do it 100%. Just a limitation of the sights.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              the problem with AK's accuracy is the sights and the lack of a sight radius. I have a few high quality AK's that will drill the shit out of a gong at 200yds, but even the most experience shooter can't do it 100%. Just a limitation of the sights.
              I swap the front post for one from an AR and use a Krebs Custom rail that puts an A2 peep sight at the rear of the receiver. You are then limited to what you can get from the 7.62x39 cartridge. I'd love to re-barrel an AK to 6.5 grendel.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
              X