No announcement yet.

Midweek hike - Hanging Lake, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome pictures! I'd like to try those hikes out sometime soon.

Comment

watch out for bigfoot
      WH

Comment

Did you let yourself in? Is this just a beautiful location for a drunken B&E?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They put all the plans for those towers online.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

great pics! looked like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Did you let yourself in? Is this just a beautiful location for a drunken B&E?

LOL, nah. "Leave no trace" and all that

The ranger who mans the tower (Bill Ellis, 85 yrs old) has worked there for 33 yrs. He lives in a cabin near the base of those last 143 steps to the top, but he doesn't go on shift until 9:30am. Would have loved to meet him, but I was already back in Golden having some brunch by then.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                They put all the plans for those towers online.
                https://www.fs.fed.us/database/acad/lt/
                Shit, you weren't lying. That's amazing. I'm saving all of those.

Comment

Pretty damn sweet. Jealous.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                  X