Support your local VFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support your local VFW

Finally, after almost 10 years driving by and wanting to play, I got to go with a good friend and learned some things.

1. Most VFW's are open to the public Friday and Saturday nights, and that joint was packed.
    2. I met some of the most open, friendly people and it was effortless. Almost like they actually cared to have a conversation. Weird, right?
    3. One of the best bartenders I've encountered. She had the right kind of sass.
    4. The staff works for tips only, and they work hard.

Maybe most people only hang out at the VFW when they're old, or maybe it's a dying breed, but either way they could use and appreciate some new life and you might love it.

Hell yeah man. I'm probably going to join the post here in Hurst. I used to belong to one in Whitney, but that was a long way, and there were only like 10 members.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Hell yeah man. I'm probably going to join the post here in Hurst. I used to belong to one in Whitney, but that was a long way, and there were only like 10 members.
      The one on Highway 10?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        The one on Highway 10?
        Yep, at Harmon. I could pretty much walk to and from it.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Vfw gtg?

Comment

I was just looking up to see how open to the public VFWs can be. For those that are...how do they treat people that never went into the forces? Are they going to basically look at us as Jodys or are they pretty low key regular folk that just like to have a drink.

Comment

They don't look at you any different. As long as you're respectful and everything they don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Vfw gtg?
                That'd be fun.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I was just looking up to see how open to the public VFWs can be. For those that are...how do they treat people that never went into the forces? Are they going to basically look at us as Jodys or are they pretty low key regular folk that just like to have a drink.
                Nobody seemed to notice or care what anybody's service history was. Some old guys had their branch or Vietnam veteran hats on. Otherwise it was just people having a good time. I never served in the military and felt quite comfortable.

Comment

Yep, it's usually always a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Vfw gtg?
                    I'm in if I'm in town.... 20 weeks of travel in last 11 months for work .

Comment

watch the old guy talk blake. hate for you to have a hillary accident ......

Comment

I'm back. Brought my two-decade+ Army father in law with me. If you're near the Benbrook VFW I'll buy you a beer.
                        Last edited by BLAKE; 07-22-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

The VfW in Hurst is a half mile away from the drive shaft shop that Kevin recommends and has done a lot of work for me too. I see a plan coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            The VfW in Hurst is a half mile away from the drive shaft shop that Kevin recommends and has done a lot of work for me too. I see a plan coming together.
                            Yep, Automotive Driveline Supply. They've done work for me too. I'm up near Pipeline & Brown Trail (now).

Comment

Most around here are closed ..

Members have aged

Comment

Working...
                              X