How much would you pay for this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    I find Panther platform cars with low mileage on a regular basis. If you pay 2k for it you are a fool. If you sold the car you are talking about in the rust belt you could easily get 4k for it but down here you would be hard pressed to get 2.5k.

You would be shocked at what goes wrong with the Panthers from not being driven much. In all likelihood it will need work; an intake manifold, radiator, water pump, new tires, belt & tensioner, master cylinder and all of the coolant hoses will need to be replaced to make it a reliable daily driver. A fuel tank cleaning may also be needed.

If you can't get $2500 for a 19K mile Grand Marquis, you simply can't sell cars. I sold a clapped out, body damaged, horrid leather 2008 Grand Marquis for $2800. Two years ago, I sold a clean 99 Crown Vic, 145K miles for $3500.

This will never sell at his asking price. Low mileage Panthers are not rare.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...200181182.html
    Yeah, that person is out of their mind. A non running car that needs wiring isn't worth anywhere near $4500.

Comment

Think about your market and realize that they can buy police crown vic cruisers cheap to hood-out.

Comment

I just picked up a similar car. One owner, garage kept 2001 Grand Marquis owned by a retired Ford engineer with 60k miles on it that hadn't been driven in 4 years. They could not sell it at any price so I got it for free. My buddy is towing it to me in the next few weeks.

I will give you a grand for the car if you can make a buck on it for that price.
        So they just gave ya the car? How did ya swing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Think about your market and realize that they can buy police crown vic cruisers cheap to hood-out.
          I have bought a few. They are kind of tough to find in one color and without the seats being ripped up. The best ones are parole officers cars.

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
          So they just gave ya the car? How did ya swing that?
          A friend bought a foreclosed property that had an HOA lien on it and the car was in the garage. He tracked down the person who was supposed to be responsible for the property and told her to move the car. She told him that she had been trying to sell it with no takers and handed him the title. He was planning on coming to visit me in the next few weeks and knows that I always pick these up so he said he would bring it with him on a trailer. I have extended family and friends up north who love the hell out of Panthers and I send up a handful each year for them. Sun belt cars are treasured gems up there. Normally I get the 03 and later cars but someone will still love this one.

The property my friend bought was kind of a fucked up deal. It was owned by the parents of 3 children who thought so little of their parents that the parents ashes were sitting on the kitchen counter. He was going to throw them in the garbage but I told him to have a little respect and to spread them in the ocean. The contents of the house had not even been gone through in the 4 years since their deaths; it was left in the same condition as the day they died.

FYI: I frequently have cars given to me. It is not unusual.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

See very similar stuff in my market asking around $4500.

Comment

Make sure you check out that intake. That generation was prone to cracking which will kill the engine. Personally I'd only look at 01+ because they'll have PI heads and the better intake. More power with the same fuel economy.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                See very similar stuff in my market asking around $4500.
                You are in the rust belt aren't you?
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                X