Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man from Houston area ordered to pay $65k in child support for kid that isnt his...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    The answer is: Killdozer
    This ^^^^
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The state is retarded when it comes to child support and math. And on top of that they are
      also outright lying sacks of shit too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        The state is retarded when it comes to child support and math. And on top of that they are
        also outright lying sacks of shit too.
        This is what I was thinking. The man should not even need a lawyer at this point. Not the father, no child support. It's pretty straight forward. It's not even one of those - "you were with the kid for years..." type stories.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Something tells me this guy probably has a good chance of getting it overturned. He's got a pretty strong argument... they're not his kids.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Something tells me this guy probably has a good chance of getting it overturned. He's got a pretty strong argument... they're not his kids.
            Logic doesn't mean shit in our current justice system.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
              If what he is claiming is true - his ex and/or the State failed to properly serve him with citation in the prior case and he didn't know anything about it - his attorneys should be able to get that judgment set aside. The problem with that is it's a very common excuse for not answering a lawsuit, that in my experience, is rarely 100% accurate. I've had a couple cases where it was subsequently determined the deputy/process server served the wrong person unknowingly, but those are VERY few and far between. Usually, the correct person gets served and forgets about it or thinks they sent it to their attorney, but a mistake is made and an answer never gets filed. If an appeal is filed properly and timely, courts are usually sympathetic and will set aside the prior judgment, but in the latter situation it's a coin toss and depends on the judge.

I'm not a family law guru, but I know the overriding policy in the family code is to protect children, both physically/mentally and financially. In cases like this I realize it doesn't seem fair that the guy might have to pay for back support when the child isn't his. If it's determined he wasn't served and had no notice/knowledge about the whole thing until the deputy knocked on his door and his attorney properly appealed, it should get set aside; however, if he was served and/or received notice and didn't do anything, too bad, so sad.
              The problem he'll face is that there was money taken out of his checks for a while - he knew it was happening and did nothing about it.

Our fucked up court system sees his inaction as justification to hold him liable for the child support.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                Logic doesn't mean shit in our current justice system.
                You are so right about that !!!

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  The fuck is wrong with you? The kid aint his period. Responsibility abolished instantly...... Why the fuck is there no mention of chasing whoever the real dad is?
                  Not sure how to answer your first question...ummmm...plenty?

Our justice system requires action. If you get served, regardless of the validity of the claims, you must take action and defend yourself or else suffer the consequences. I with acknowledge there are times (like this one) where the results seem inequitable, which is why there is an appellate system. I've never looked into it, but if the judgment gets overturned by the appeals court, he may have a civil cause of action against her for recovery of his damages (i.e. attorney's fees, costs, maybe even mental anguish?). If he got properly served and/or knew about it (i.e. portion of paycheck went toward support) and he ignored it, as has been said countless times on this forum, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

I'm going through something not all that different. I paid every dime to my ex. I didn't do it how the state wanted, so they claim I never paid. They never contacted my ex or me just issued a court order for $126k. I've spent the last three days trying to fix this debacle. I finally found a helpful person in the system. Hopefully the court will accept my exes testimony witnesses and notarized that all was paid in full. Now we are focused on getting my son employed part time and in college which I'm also going to pay for. I even paid support during the three years my son lived with me.

The system is pretty bad, and pols wonder why most want less government.......

Comment

there are times (like this one) where the results seem inequitable
                      Seem? Are. Are inequitable. They're not his kids. Everyone involved in this should be cast down completely and barred from ever again participating in office of any kind.

...he may have a civil cause of action against her...
                      It should also be a case against the office or city of whatever judge wrote the retarded order. The judge should be being asked when he intends to start paying child support on several kids that are not his. And have it made clear to him that if he doesn't, he'll be violation of the law and that they'll be coming after him.

If they tried that with something not involving the completely fucked child support system, they'd be looking at much different results coming their way.
                      WH

Comment

A lot of people don't seem to realize guys get stuck with support for kids that aren't theirs all the time. Even if the wife cheated, and the man never knew about it until years later.

Your wife can cheat on you, you not find out, and if y'all get a divorce say 5, 8 years later; you're on the hook because you raised the child as your own.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          A lot of people don't seem to realize guys get stuck with support for kids that aren't theirs all the time. Even if the wife cheated, and the man never knew about it until years later.

Your wife can cheat on you, you not find out, and if y'all get a divorce say 5, 8 years later; you're on the hook because you raised the child as your own.
                          Accidental discharges happen all the time for literally no reason what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Accidental discharges happen all the time for literally no reason what so ever.
                            A solid excuse...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It is sad that it has come to this, but at this point DNA confirmation should be default for all births.
                              If it doesn't match, the father's name doesn't go on the birth certificate unless he signs for the responsibility legally.

This crap is beyond ridiculous....

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

And the day its confirmed, the wife (and the state for the part they kept) should be on the hook for all that money, and legally required to pay it back in the exact same installments that he was made to. With interest.

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                                It is sad that it has come to this, but at this point DNA confirmation should be default for all births.
                                If it doesn't match, the father's name doesn't go on the birth certificate unless he signs for the responsibility legally.
                                A good idea. Just doing a simple confirmation here, not accusing anyone of anything.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X