looking to add night sights to a pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to add night sights to a pistol

Surprisingly my Kimber didn't come with 3 dot sights. I'm planning to take some shooting courses and would like to add some.

Can anyone recommend a place to get night sights installed? Anywhere near downtown Dallas or Arlington would be nice. What does something like that usually cost? I don't plan on doing any competition shooting in the near future BUT...should I look into the 6 o'clock hold or just POI configurations?

You can probably do it yourself, it just depends on what type of sight mounts your gun has. Usually a smith will charge $50 to do sights. I would just ask around.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've heard CJ will do it for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I've heard CJ will do it for free!
        lol, 1911's have every damn sight mount under the sun, you never know what you're getting into with those.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          lol, 1911's have every damn sight mount under the sun, you never know what you're getting into with those.
          I've heard that doesn't even matter to CJ!

Comment

I heard CJ guarantees you'll never miss again after he works on your firearm.

Comment

I heard that CJ started most of those rumors.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I heard CJ is an excellent lover.

Edit: wrong thread.

Comment

I heard CJ builds .50bmg 1911's for Chuck Norris.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    I heard that CJ started most of those rumors.
                    x2

Comment

sounds like CJ is the man for the job

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        You can probably do it yourself, it just depends on what type of sight mounts your gun has. Usually a smith will charge $50 to do sights. I would just ask around.
                        that's kinda my main problem...I wouldn't know what type of mount I have to order the correct sights. Seems like it would go a little smoother if I just had a gun smith do it for me.

Comment

Post up some pictures. I am sure we can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            that's kinda my main problem...I wouldn't know what type of mount I have to order the correct sights. Seems like it would go a little smoother if I just had a gun smith do it for me.
                            If you're not confident you can do it then that's the best way to approach it. Just about any gun smith can do that, it's one of the most common requests. I'm not the best one to ask who or where though.

Comment

You can also take the gun with you to a gun show and a lot if the guys that sell them will install them for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X