Pending deal for 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending deal for 1911

Supposed to meet with a guy that has a RIA 1911 Compact Tactical w/5 magazines and 100 rounds of 45. For my post recall XDS 9mm, 2 magazines, and 50 rounds of 9mm.

I loved my full-sized RIA I had prior to the XDS and always wanted the compact model. I am really sold on the upgraded trigger, hammer, sights, and 5 magazines.

Thoughts?

The compacts will usually only cycle ball 230gr RN, just fyi.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      X2 the one's that run everything are usually pretty expensive.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

If you are going to carry I would keep the XD9. The first thing is that ammo is about $10 cheaper a 50 than .45, the second is that carrying a single action gun gives makes me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
          If you are going to carry I would keep the XD9. The first thing is that ammo is about $10 cheaper a 50 than .45, the second is that carrying a single action gun gives makes me nervous.
          Scared you'll forget to take the safety off?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Scared you'll forget to take the safety off?
            No, had a good friend that was a LEO and use to carry a Colt Commander. He bumped up against a desk and it blew a nice hole through his holster and made a nice divot in the floor. The gun was taken to two separate gunsmiths who told him that there was nothing wrong with the gun and that it was a 1 in XXXXX chance type of thing. He could no longer trust it as his duty weapon so he got rid of it and bought a Glock

I own 1911 and when I holster it at the lease I do have the hammer back but I make sure my strap is covering the pin. When I carry it in the console of my truck I have one in the chamber but the hammer is not back. I can pull the hammer back about as quick as I can drop the safety.

Comment

I call bs unless there is more. It won't just go off it's not in the design.

Comment

I have never heard that, considering 230gr ball is all I ran through my previous 1911. I am guessing polishing the feed ramp will not help with this?

Comment

Originally posted by J&T's 82 View Post
                  No, had a good friend that was a LEO and use to carry a Colt Commander. He bumped up against a desk and it blew a nice hole through his holster and made a nice divot in the floor. The gun was taken to two separate gunsmiths who told him that there was nothing wrong with the gun and that it was a 1 in XXXXX chance type of thing. He could no longer trust it as his duty weapon so he got rid of it and bought a Glock
                  I own 1911 and when I holster it at the lease I do have the hammer back but I make sure my strap is covering the pin. When I carry it in the console of my truck I have one in the chamber but the hammer is not back. I can pull the hammer back about as quick as I can drop the safety.
                  Well, at least he upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by IdabelBlue View Post
                    I have never heard that, considering 230gr ball is all I ran through my previous 1911. I am guessing polishing the feed ramp will not help with this?
                    I had one and tried polishing the ramp, couldn't get it to cycle. I didn't put a ton of effort into it, but I wasn't able to get it to feed hollow points as you would with most 1911's.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      I call bs unless there is more. It won't just go off it's not in the design.
                      For that to happen 3 different safeties would all have to fail. Guns go off when you pull the trigger. Sounds like a ND.

Comment

For that to happen 3 different safeties would all have to fail. Guns go off when you pull the trigger. Sounds like a ND.
                        Agreed and in which the glock would have done the same.

Comment

I wouldn't do that.
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

And your cop buddy is a moron.
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by IdabelBlue View Post
                              Polishing the feed ramp rarely helps anymore. It helped on early 1911's with non-ramped barrels and feed ramps that looked like sandpaper. Look at one of the 3D graphics of a 1911 firing. (There used to be a good one on the Wilson Combat site). The issue is one of timing. Many things have to happen just so to make a 1911 feed reliably. A shorter barrel speeds up this process and increases the probability of more jams.

Comment

Working...
                              X