Garage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    They are expensive, but well worth it IMO. When/if I build a shop, they're getting these lights.
    Naw, they are cool lights. Maybe seeing them in real life makes the difference though. What's the deal with the slide out portion that I saw in one of the pictures? Spread the light more?
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

We have a shop here at work that's over 6k sqft and we used 16 Big Ass Lights on.
      Their fans are fucking awesome, but jesus they are expensive.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Naw, they are cool lights. Maybe seeing them in real life makes the difference though. What's the deal with the slide out portion that I saw in one of the pictures? Spread the light more?
        from the site
        Lumen Maintenance Trays

-Protect fixture from dirt and debris

-Easily change or clean lenses to keep lights bright. The lenses can be removed instantly because of our patent-pending, tool-free tray design

-Three unique, swappable lenses offer light distribution from 55 to 105 degrees to adapt to the needs of your facility, from narrow storage aisles up to massive open floor areas

Comment

We have a shop here at work that's over 6k sqft and we used 16 Big Ass Lights on. It's bright as fuck. They were a few hundo a piece, but for a 2 car you shouldn't need more than a couple and that's only because of where the lights are.
          I will probably start with a pair of flourescent fixtures and go from there. I have a couple of under cabinet fixtures over the work bench right now so that area has some direct lighting
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
            6 of these will take care of a 2 cars garage nicely. $40 each at Costco....

I picked up two of these today. The bulbs are fixed and can not be changed. Just FYI for anyone interested.

Comment

Post some pics
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Yes, you can change the beam pattern with them and clean them.
                Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Their fans are fucking awesome, but jesus they are expensive.
                We've got a couple of their smaller ones, and I agree on both accounts. It's designed for long time industrial use and priced accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  Post some pics
                  Ha, maybe after I get the garage cleaned up a little this weekend. I've got motorcycle parts scattered all over the place at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I picked up two of these today. The bulbs are fixed and can not be changed. Just FYI for anyone interested.
                    These are on sale $8 off. $31.99 ea. through 2-22-15.
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

How hard is it to change a regular bulb socket and install 6 of those costco lights?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        How hard is it to change a regular bulb socket and install 6 of those costco lights?
                        so funny, i jsut this weekend took down the single one bulb light socket and wired in an outlet and ran 2 4ft florescents from lowes. $17/ea. between those 2 4 footers the 2 100w bulbs in the garage door opener, and the maybe 2 ft floresent on my cheap little workbench its plenty of light.

while i was at it i added a dusk till dawn sensor on the halogen i have on the driveway. so im pretty much a licensed journeyman electrician at this point.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Just use some old shop lights and toss in some new retro bulbs provided the old fixture utilizes e-ballast

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                            Just use some old shop lights and toss in some new retro bulbs provided the old fixture utilizes e-ballast

http://www.totalbulklighting.com/led...FYI8aQodmGUAGA
                            Is there a benefit to these Because the Costco lights are only $32. Just those bulbs are $25 each.
                            2006 Civic SI
                            2009 Pilot
                            1988 GT
                            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                              Is there a benefit to these Because the Costco lights are only $32. Just those bulbs are $25 each.
                              The Costco lamps are fine except the entire unit must be replaced if the diodes crap out. Note the color temp on any led bulb. I prefer the lower temp.

There are cheaper T8 retrofits available. I was referencing those thinking of replacing fixtures when there are cheap options to have swappable "bulbs"

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                                These are on sale $8 off. $31.99 ea. through 2-22-15.
                                saw these on slickdeals...going to pick up a couple for the barn

Comment

Working...
                                X