Garage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Same here, right 1 bulb right smack dab in the middle of the the garage, right above the door opener. I need to replace the bulbs in the garage door opener and that would probably help. In addition to that, I have 1 power outlet in the garage. The previous owners definitely didn't work in this garage.
    Dude, I absolutely hate my garage. Split doors so you cant pull anything in and out, ONE FUCKING PLUG (and it's a GFCI that also has the plug above it in the master bedroom on it, so it pops constantly) the water heater is out there, dead nuts in the middle of the wall, etc etc etc.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Dude, I absolutely hate my garage. Split doors so you cant pull anything in and out, ONE FUCKING PLUG (and it's a GFCI that also has the plug above it in the master bedroom on it, so it pops constantly) the water heater is out there, dead nuts in the middle of the wall, etc etc etc.
      Fortunately I have few complaints about the garage space. Tile in the garage isn't my first choice but it could be worse. I just need to figure out some way to get some texture on it so it's not so slick when there's moisture build up. Lighting and power outlets are easy enough to fix.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've got the single bulb, single outlet split door setup too.Water heater has it's own little closet which I think is going to house my compressor once I get a tankless water heater. It does have a wall heater installed for winter time, but it's not hooked up and looks pretty rough so it'll probably get replaced before winter returns.

The good thing is my breaker box is in the garage too and it still has some openings. SO I think I can add some outlets pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Fortunately I have few complaints about the garage space. Tile in the garage isn't my first choice but it could be worse. I just need to figure out some way to get some texture on it so it's not so slick when there's moisture build up. Lighting and power outlets are easy enough to fix.
          I'd do an epoxy floor coating over the tile for now.
          Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          I've got the single bulb, single outlet split door setup too.Water heater has it's own little closet which I think is going to house my compressor once I get a tankless water heater. It does have a wall heater installed for winter time, but it's not hooked up and looks pretty rough so it'll probably get replaced before winter returns.

The good thing is my breaker box is in the garage too and it still has some openings. SO I think I can add some outlets pretty easily.
          Mine is too, and it's about to get a new outlet or two.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I'd do an epoxy floor coating over the tile for now.
            That would be easier then removing all the tile.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
              Rreemo what's the story in the fox...?
              It's a 90' 7up car...pretty clean and bone stock except for a shift kit. I scored it from Whiteboy a few months ago, for my daughter...she's turning 16 in May.

She's already used her own money to buy a set of ponies and a pair of Flowmasters. I've got Preus painting a coupe deck lid for it too...so we can get rid of that god awful luggage rack. She's been helping me work on it, which is what I'm most excited about.

Should make a great first car...especially for a girl, with that white-assed interior!
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                It's a 90' 7up car...pretty clean and bone stock except for a shift kit. I scored it from Whiteboy a few months ago, for my daughter...she's turning 16 in May.

She's already used her own money to buy a set of ponies and a pair of Flowmasters. I've got Preus painting a coupe deck lid for it too...so we can get rid of that god awful luggage rack. She's been helping me work on it, which is what I'm most excited about.

Should make a great first car...especially for a girl, with that white-assed interior!
                when is the shopwarming party?

Comment

Not sure yet....thinking probably sometime in May.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Bought 10 of these Costco led lights yesterday. Should have them up this weekend and I'll post pics.

trying to figure out how I want to wire them up. I have a light switch that controls two regular lights in the garage right now that I plan on tying into. The Costco lights have a regular plug on the end of them, and if you cut it off then you void the warranty. But I also don't want to poke that big of a hole in the ceiling to get the wiring into the attic space above the garage. So I guess my three options are to mount several outlets along the ceiling and put the lights in those, poke a bigger hole and run the plugs into the attic space and mount the plugs in the attic space, or cut the plugs, run the wires in the attic and hard wire everything.

Suggestions? Leaning towards the hardwire option.

Comment

I bought three of those fixtures way back when they were first mentioned and did exactly what you're proposing. I cut all of the ends off and hardwired them into the switched outlet in my attic. I figured for the relatively low cost that I'd take my chances with the warranty.

Ten of those things is going to be insanely bright! I have the three plus one florescent in my two car garage and it looks like a surgery center or clean room, best money I've spent on lighting though.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                        Suggestions? Leaning towards the hardwire option.
                        Hardwire for sure. Friend of mine did that with those same lights in his garage. Those things are bright!!!! I want to do mine now too.

Comment

Boom.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                            Boom.

That is almost necessary with a 3 car tandem! The 2? Fixtures we provide are simply inadequate with a garage as big as yours!
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              That is almost necessary with a 3 car tandem! The 2? Fixtures we provide are simply inadequate with a garage as big as yours!
                              Fo sho!

Comment

Sorry bringing this thread back to life for a second.. for garage lighting you can not go wrong with Big ass fans new light... It will blind you

Comment

Working...
                                X